Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Look at screenshot

• stephen
  • stephen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 Aug 2013 01:36 #3773 by stephen
Look at screenshot was created by stephen
Hi attached is a screenshot of an error I get when I have made a video with the following specifications avc encoding 720x400 768 bitrate 24 fps for an mp4 file are not playing on an iPad 2 os 6.1.3 on our website 4.5.5 sermon speaker but on a droid razr m updated to 4.1.2 works fine and used to get the same error as apple r there any iPad settings or folder settings where media is stored I should check.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Aug 2013 15:58 #3774 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Look at screenshot
Given that you only have issues on an iPad, I would blame the tablet shortcomings for that.

You can read here: www.ifunia.com/ipad-column/ipad-supporte...d-audio-formats.html about what format is supported by the iPad.

Also keep in mind that on Apple devices, Flash is not supported. Thus the video needs to be played natively by the browser and needs to be supported

• stephen
  • stephen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 Aug 2013 18:57 #3775 by stephen
Replied by stephen on topic Look at screenshot
Android no longer supports flash either. Only 2.3 and back do. 4.0 and above have no flash player.

More
18 Aug 2013 19:20 #3776 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Look at screenshot
That is true and what I said also applies to Android. However as I understand it, Android has wider support for various videoformats than Apple.

See www.apple.com/ipad/specs/ for official supported Video formats on iPads:

Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, High Profile level 4.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG‑4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format

See the same for Android:
developer.android.com/guide/appendix/media-formats.html#core

Maybe the issue is that you only have 24fps while it should be 30fps according to the specs?

The thing is, SermonSpeaker does nothing at all with the videofile. It just links to it. The included players (JW Player and Flowplayer at least) will fall back to a HTML5 video element. This element has a simple direct link to the file, and it's up to the OS/Browser what will happen with it. If iOS doesn't support it, you get an error.
There is nothing SermonSpeaker could do here.

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds