Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Sermon list empty , /series list menu item

More
19 Jun 2013 14:25 - 19 Jun 2013 14:40 #3592 by William Osborn
First of all, thanks for all your help. I have installed 4.5.4 on a church's test server, and uploaded 31 studies, and created series and sermon records, all with the category set to "Tanitasok" (Hungarian for "Teachings). I set up a menu item for the series/list type, and it is correctly displaying the active series list; however when selecting the series I get the "Sorry can't find any sermons"..

I looked at the previous topic on this same problem, and it looked like the problem had been related to an upgrade - however, this is not the case, since this is a fresh install of 4.5.4, and the records were entered in the back-end.

The Latest Sermons module works fine.

I took a quick look at the sermons table in the database, but I am a newbie on SQL tables, not sure why a query wouldn't be working..

dunaujvaros.golgota.hu.2.golgota.hu/index.php/hu/bible-test

Any thoughts on error checking? I did set the error level to Maximum in the Global configuration, but selecting the Series and generating the "can't find sermons" error, didn't result in any Joomla generated error messages on the front-end..
Last edit: 19 Jun 2013 14:40 by William Osborn.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jun 2013 15:34 #3593 by Thomas Hunziker
dunaujvaros.golgota.hu.2.golgota.hu/inde...rie/5-vendeg-tanitok seems to work.

Also the sermons list ( dunaujvaros.golgota.hu.2.golgota.hu/inde...speaker&view=sermons ) only shows two sermons (the same two). So I would check the other sermons if they are published, really have a category assigned and since it's a multilanguage site also check if there is a language assigned (or "All").

More
20 Jun 2013 12:33 #3596 by William Osborn
SOLVED. I had inadvertently left the Main Speaker's category set to Uncategorized.. The two Vendég sermons which were showing, had different speakers, assigned to the proper category, as was the Menu Item. Therefore, the SQL query was executing properly, with a null result across all of the index keys for the studies which had the main speaker, since of course "Category"was a main common key across the Speaker, Series, and Sermons tables..I am still getting used to the Categories.. :oops:

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds