Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Media not showing up on site

More
15 Jun 2013 00:10 - 15 Jun 2013 00:43 #3578 by Ryan Kampen
Hello all,

I recently updated the Sermons Archive extension to 5.0.0, and now on the website, when I try to load the page with sermons on it, I get the following message:

Warning: require_once(__DIR__/helper.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/emmanuel/public_html/earc/modules/mod_sermonarchive/mod_sermonarchive.php on line 5

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '__DIR__/helper.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/emmanuel/public_html/earc/modules/mod_sermonarchive/mod_sermonarchive.php on line 5

My Joomla! is at 2.5.11.

I don't know if this is relevant, but under the "Extension Manager: Warnings" panel, there is the message, "The PHP temporary directory is not set."

Not sure how to fix this one. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Ryan
Last edit: 15 Jun 2013 00:43 by Ryan Kampen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jun 2013 08:04 #3579 by Thomas Hunziker
I will have to look into this closer.
Can you tell me what PHP version you have? You can fix it for now by just installing an older version again. For modules this shouldn't create problems.

More
15 Jun 2013 08:36 - 15 Jun 2013 08:37 #3580 by Thomas Hunziker
Found it. The __DIR__ constant was added with PHP 5.3.0. So if you have an older version, it fails. Installing the version 4.5.0 will fix your issue then: www.sermonspeaker.net/download/module-se...onarchive-4-5-0.html .
I will have to raise the minimum requirements for the module, so it only installs in Joomla 3.0 (where PHP 5.3.1 is a requirement).
Last edit: 15 Jun 2013 08:37 by Thomas Hunziker.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ryan Kampen

More
15 Jun 2013 16:10 #3581 by Ryan Kampen
Thanks, Thomas. I had managed to fix the issue by downgrading to 4.5.0 again.

My PHP version is 5.2.17.

Wondering if it's a good time to upgrade to Joomla! 3.0.

More
15 Jun 2013 17:24 #3582 by Thomas Hunziker
Joomla 3.x needs at least PHP 5.3. So if you think about updating to Joomla 3.x, you first need to contact your hoster if he can update the PHP version for you.
And of course check if all the extensions and the template you need are available for Joomla 3.x.

More
27 Jun 2013 01:38 #3611 by Radio Seguridad®
"Extension Manager: Warnings" panel, there is the message, "The PHP temporary directory is not set."

This problem is easily solved:

1. - Load 1 custom php.ini file to the folder "admin" and another on root, with the correct path according to your domain:

; Temporary directory for HTTP uploaded files (will use system default if not
; specified).
upload_tmp_dir = /home/"your-user"/public_html/tmp/

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds