Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Date format

More
23 May 2013 14:09 #3506 by Ben
Date format was created by Ben
Hi,

I just changed the date in the language file nl-NL.ini and in Sermonspeaker options Global date format I see the right format in Dutch (do 12 mei 2013) but on the website it still shows the english format (2013-05-12). What did I wrongly?
Does it override somewhere?
www.debazuin.info/mp3-preken/sermons.html

thanks

Ben

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2013 14:21 #3507 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Date format
It may be that you only changed the languagestring in the backend and not in the frontend. The parameter where you set it takes the strings from the backend, while the layout uses the one from the frontend.

Also if you do your own layout like you did, you can also use a custom date format there. You don't necessary need to use the dateformat parameter.
The code in question looks like this in the layout:
Code:
echo JHtml::date($item->sermon_date, JText::_($this->params->get('date_format')), true);
Instead of
Code:
JText::_($this->params->get('date_format'))
you use your custom format.

More
24 May 2013 00:49 #3512 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Date format
Thanks, I only changed in the backend.

I now have another problem.
I changed from three main categories to one main categorie and three subcategories.
But now at the bottom I see Subcategories and the names of the subcategories. I don't want to show that. I don't know how to remove those. Could you help me? Why do they show automatically if I make some subcategories?
www.debazuin.info/mp3-preken/sermons/0/0.html?limitstart=0

Thanks a lot,

Ben

More
24 May 2013 07:41 #3513 by Thomas Hunziker
Have a look at the SermonSpeaker options. There is a tab "Category". There you can set if and how deep subcategories are shown.

More
24 May 2013 09:02 - 24 May 2013 09:05 #3514 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Date format
On the tab Category as well as on the tab Categories all the settings are on hide...?
See attached print screens
I want the subcategories be seen in the results but not named at the bottom of the list.

Thanks for your help

Ben

I just want to add that first I had only three main categories. Now I made one main category (with no items) and made the three main categories subcategories of the recently added new main category. From that time on I see the subcategory names mentionned at the bottom.
Attachments:
Last edit: 24 May 2013 09:05 by Ben.

More
24 May 2013 09:51 #3515 by Thomas Hunziker
Set the "Subcategorieniveaus" to "None".

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds