Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Book filter seems to not be working correctly

More
30 Apr 2013 02:01 #3443 by Ian Shere
I turned on the filtering option and played about with it. Big mistake! I selected a book and now it's impossible to get rid of the book name.

So I cannot get back to showing all the sermons. Why is there no --Select book-- option at the top of the list like the other fields, or a "Reset" button? I cannot get out of this loop. Even if I disable filtering in the admin the filtering still remains.

Help please!

Using the latest version of SS (I'd hoped installing the new one may have reset it).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Apr 2013 07:37 #3444 by Thomas Hunziker
Actually there should be both, a "clear" button which will reset all fields and a "select book" value to reset the books. See www.sermonspeaker.net/listings/sermons.html

Which Joomla version are you running?

More
30 Apr 2013 15:41 - 30 Apr 2013 15:47 #3445 by Ian Shere
Not sure where mine have gone then!! :-)

I'm on Joomla 2.5.9. Site is at www.fopc.org/listen/all-services/categories/16 and I have it displayed in Columns, though I have modified it a little. However, the mods relate to the display of the sermons, not the filter as far as I am aware. I changed the layout type to the original columns plus Table-vimeo, but encountered the same missing items.

If you like I can PM you login details.
Last edit: 30 Apr 2013 15:47 by Ian Shere.

More
30 Apr 2013 16:04 #3446 by Thomas Hunziker
It's obviously missing in the columns layout then. I'll have to check this.

More
30 Apr 2013 16:10 #3447 by Ian Shere
As I mentioned, I also tried Tables - Vimeo and it wasn't there either. I just checked the others (except the 3 Photostar layouts - if I select them I get a 500 error) and find that only Tables and Tableless have the --Select Book-- and Clear button.

Cheers - glad to see it is (may) not be me!!! :-)

More
30 Apr 2013 21:53 #3448 by Thomas Hunziker
This makes sense. The Protostar layouts are built for Joomla 3.x and will fail on Joomla 2.5. The Vimeo layout is a custom one built by Andrei, I didn't touch this one a lot.

The column layout just got missed the update then. I can add this in the next few days.
You need a bit patience because I'm just moving my flat and changing internet provider and everything. So I have a lot of work currently :-)

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds