Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

All Category Display in Sermons List

More
22 Apr 2013 15:37 #3414 by Craig Rolinger
I have selected “Sermons List” as my Menu Item Type. In the Advance Options tab the Category option says “root” will display all sermons. I want all sermons to display, but can find no “root” option from the Category drop down menu.I can only display an actual category.

I am sure this is a simple problem, and I have not read something correctly.

I am using Joomla! 3.0.3 and Sermon Speaker 4.5.4

The website is oakridgebiblechapel.com

Thanks for the great program.
Craig

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Apr 2013 15:52 #3415 by Thomas Hunziker
It's no longer possible to use the "root" entry as base category. You need to select an actual category.

If you want to show all sermons, you need to create a parent category which holds all other categories and select this one. In the SermonSpeaker options you then set to show sermons from all subcategory levels.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig Rolinger

More
22 Apr 2013 18:49 #3416 by Craig Rolinger
Thank You! You are always so helpful.

More
22 Apr 2013 19:06 #3417 by Thomas Hunziker
You're welcome :-)

More
23 Apr 2013 14:27 #3420 by Craig Rolinger
Oh, dear! It really doesn't do well to put all the messages as a subcategory of on main category. See the page www.oakridgebiblechapel.com/index.php/bible-messages

I don't get a list like I used to in the "sermons list" I get the empty main category and then a list of subcategories following that.

I really would like to be able to have a list of all our sermons from single folder (and subfolders) sorted by date.

Is that possible without putting all the messages in a single category?

Thank you again :)
Craig

More
23 Apr 2013 14:56 #3421 by Thomas Hunziker
That's what I meant with

In the SermonSpeaker options you then set to show sermons from all subcategory levels.

Maybe I was a bit unclear :-)
Go to the SermonSpeaker options, the "Category" tab. Check the setting "Include Subcategories" and set it to "All". Then it will include sermons from all subcategories into the list. You can play around with the other settings as well depending on what you want to show.

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds