Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Multiple Issues - Layout, etc.

More
16 Apr 2013 22:27 #3378 by Jon Bauerle
I'm installing SermonSpeaker, updating from an older site. We just decided to re-upload the sermons by hand.

I seem to be having a few different issues that I'm guessing are user-error on my end, but I'd love to be able to make this World-Class.

First, on the sermon player page, the Speaker name shows up at the top of the page. It can be viewed here:
met2.downbeatdev.com/index.php/resources...mon/6-metconnections

Second, on the sermon series list, it is displaying from the oldest to newest, even if I change the order in the global settings. Here is an example:
met2.downbeatdev.com/index.php/resources/messages-archive

I would appreciate any input!

Details:
Joomla 2.5.6
Sermon Speaker 4.5.3
Template: Joomlabamboo Inspire, T3 Framework

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Apr 2013 11:27 #3382 by Thomas Hunziker
The first issue is caused by your template. It has the following rules for the "modal" class:
Code:
.modal { position: fixed; top: 10%; left: 50%; z-index: 1050; width: 560px; margin-left: -280px; background-color: #fff; ... }

This is incompatible with Joomla as the regular way of creating a modal window is using the "modal" class for an element.

You can try disabling the modal window for speakers so it directly links to the speaker page instead of opening a modal window. The option is available in the SermonSpeaker options.

Otherwise you need to fix your CSS :-)

Your series/sermons list does sort after the series first (using the ordering column) and then it should use the sermons ordering like specified in the SermonSpeaker options. If that is not the case, I would have to dig deeper into it.
Are you sure it's not just an issue with caching or something?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jon Bauerle

More
17 Apr 2013 21:53 #3401 by Jon Bauerle
Thank you very much for the quick response!

I just turned off the modal speaker pop up for now.

On the series ordering... I was hoping to sort them by reverse-date order (newest series first). If I use the "ordering" column in joomla, then this week's series will be #1. How do I add another one after that... would I need to move them all down the list every time?

More
18 Apr 2013 08:29 #3403 by Thomas Hunziker
Joomla should automatically reorder the whole list when you save it.
But then it's a bit longer since the last time I looked at this mechanism.

Time to create page: 0.300 seconds