Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Video files and player problem

More
08 Apr 2013 16:58 #3359 by Ben
I tried to set player to video first but it doesn't show the video file and goes to the audio. When I set to choose video - audio I can click on video and then it will run. When I click on the downloadbutton it will also download the video file. See page belowe and first link: Avondmaal - Liefde is (Beamer).
www.debazuin.info/mp3-preken/sermons.html

An other problem. I first tried to make the flv file available under extra file, but when I upload I can't see select the file. Is it not possible to give flv video files as extra? Till now I only needed pdf files and that does work. Thanks for your help.

Ben

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2013 18:19 #3361 by Thomas Hunziker
What version of SermonSpeaker are you using? And if it's not the latest one, is there something stopping you from updating?

The filetypes which are listed in the dropdown for additional files are specified in the file /components/com_sermonspeaker/models/sermon.xml.
However you should be able to upload and save any file in the additonal file field. Just enter the path into the text field.

Just keep in mind that flv files can't be played without an specific player.

More
09 Apr 2013 00:43 #3366 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Video files and player problem
Thanks, I think wmv and flv are perhaps not mentioned in sermon.xml?
I don't see those extensions in the dropdown, but when I put the exact path in the text field (like you mention) it works.
Is it necessary to specify extensions in sermon.xml? Can't you just make it so any type will be visible in the additional file field?

Thanks for your quick reply. I'm happy with the result.

Another thing is that I would like to see an option to choose if you want the speaker to be a link or not to be a link. I managed to change it myself by changing the table.php in view sermons under sermons:speaker to
if (in_array('sermons:speaker', $this->columns)) : ?>
<td class="ss-col ss-speaker">
<?php echo $item->name; ?>
</td>
<?php endif;
But when there is an upgrade I always have to do it again ;-)

More
09 Apr 2013 08:01 #3368 by Thomas Hunziker
These file extensions are there for the videofile. The addfile is meant to add a pdf, powerpoint or similar of the sermon. The list is filtered for this purpose by default so it doesn't get cluttered with all the audio- and videofiles.
You could delete the filter line and it would show everything.

Maybe I will once do this filtering using a setting in the SermonSpeaker options. But it all needs some time to implement :-)

If you unpublish a speaker, then there will be no link to the speaker. It will just show the name instead.
If you want to change a layout, you have two ways how you can do it update-save. The first one is to create a new layout using the way explained in the layouting doc: www.sermonspeaker.net/documentation/layouting.html .
The other way is to use a template override. For this you copy the layoutfile to /templates/your-template/com_sermonspeaker/sermons/table.php and adjust it there as needed. Joomla will automatically pick this up instead of the file within SermonSpeaker.

More
09 Apr 2013 09:06 #3370 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Video files and player problem
Thanks a lot, that's really revealing and helpful. I never thought of it, unpublishing a speaker and no link will be there. Did you make it on purpose like that? Or is it just a trick? You really have to know it because you don't create a speaker with the purpose to unpublish him. You just want to publish the message everywhere :-)

Thanks again also for the lay-out option. Now I use a self defined table style for which I adjusted the sermonspeaker.ccs but I have to change it with every update. It's not difficult because I keep a copy, but I will look to the layouting documentation later. I guess there will be also explanation for the ccs styles?

Thanks again for your help.

More
09 Apr 2013 09:52 #3371 by Thomas Hunziker
It's by purpose and I agree that it should be written somewhere. I just don't know where yet :-)
By the way, the same applies to the series.

The documentation covers the php stuff and file locations. CSS is a different beast. But I would suggest you put the CSS changes to your template CSS file. Usually the template CSS is loaded after the CSS from extension so the template can easily override the rules. Also usually you don't update the template as often as you do an extension.
Some templates even have an option to put in custom CSS code which will not be overwriten with an update.

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds