Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

The "Hits"

More
29 Mar 2013 15:40 #3327 by Barb Kascsak
The "Hits" was created by Barb Kascsak
On only one of our church campuses, the hits do not show up when viewers watch or listen to the audio sermons. They are set to display in the options, but they don't even show up on our Joomla back end. Is there a fix for this? The Pastor has indicated that they used to show up, and that people are indicating that they are listening. We have 6 campuses, and this is the only one that is experiencing this issue. Their Sermon Speaker module and component are up to date.
Thanks for any help,
Barb
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Mar 2013 18:35 #3329 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic The "Hits"
Please first check the SermonSpeaker options -> Statistics tab. Make sure that tracking is enabled there.
Maybe also check the Permissions tab and check the "Block Hitcount" setting. If this is enabled, then hits from this usergroup are not counted.

Please also note that hits are pageviews, not how many time a sermon really gets played. So only hits on the detailpage are counted. No Podcast/Feed access neither if someone plays the sermon directly from a list.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Barb Kascsak

More
24 Apr 2013 02:30 #3437 by Mike and Corrie
Replied by Mike and Corrie on topic The "Hits"
I have been racking my brain on how to get around this limitation.

Can the player be disabled from showing when using a Sermon List menu item in Joomla?
That way, a user is forced to navigate to a sermon detail page from that list, forcing a hit count.

Or am I over thinking how to gather statistics?

More
24 Apr 2013 07:57 #3438 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic The "Hits"
Of course you can disable the player on the list. Just have a look at the SermonSpeaker options -> Columns tab.

You can also use Google Analytics to get statistics about what the user listens to. JW Player and Flowplayer support events for Google Analytics. Also downloads can generate an event.
You just need to include the Google Analytics tracking code on your site. This can be done using any of the available modules or plugins.

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds