Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Error during upgrade from 4.5.1 to 4.5.2

More
27 Mar 2013 19:27 #3318 by Neil Zampella
Running Sermonspeaker on Joomla 2.5.9 ... system shows that an extension needs upgrading. Click on the Control Panel icon, see its an upgrade to SS. Select it, click on update, and I get this error in a red box:

Unknown Archive type
Update path does not exist
Failed loading XML file
/hsphere/local/home/bpcadmin/brentwoodpc.org/christian_education_files/filelist.xml
Failed loading XML file
/hsphere/local/home/bpcadmin/brentwoodpc.org/modlogan/mla.history.xml
XML: Start tag expected, '<' not found
Failed loading XML file
/hsphere/local/home/bpcadmin/brentwoodpc.org/modlogan/mla.state.xml
JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find Joomla XML setup file
Unable to detect manifest file

Updating COM_INSTALLER_TYPE_TYPE_ was successful.

Anyone else see this type of error. I can update fine using the full COM_Sermonspeaker component file or the package, however I'd like to be able to use the built-in Joomla update.

Thanks for such a great component.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Mar 2013 19:44 #3319 by Thomas Hunziker
For some reason it tries to load xml files which do not have to do anything with Joomla itself nor with SermonSpeaker.

I'm not sure what happens here, but it sounds kind of like a configuration issue with either the server or Joomla. Maybe check your tmp directory settings. When Joomla installs a component it puts it into a tmp directory where it's extracted and the Joomla searchs for XML files.

More
27 Mar 2013 19:51 #3320 by Andrei Chernyshev
it looks like some kind of statistics software that you are running outside of joomla brentwoodpc.org/modlog perhaps it interfears with joomla installer.

More
27 Mar 2013 20:31 #3321 by Neil Zampella
I'll take a look and do some cleanup of the TMP directory.

Thanks ..

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds