Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Lookup ID3 not working on some of my sites.

More
23 Mar 2013 03:40 #3292 by James Goff
Lookup ID3 from the frontend sermon upload page is not working in four of the five joomla sites I have that use sermonspeaker. When you click on it nothing happens. All five sites are running on the same server and have the same joomla version 2.5.9. Lookup ID3 does work on the backend sermon upload page. Sermonspeaker is updated to 4.5.1.

I recently moved the sites from a server running ubuntu server 10.04 to one running ubuntu 12.04.

It was sometime after that transition to the new server that a client contacted me telling me the lookup id3 button no longer worked.

I have compared the html source code for the upload page on each of the five sites and not seen any obvious difference between the working and non-working sites. There doesn't seem to be any javascript differences for example.

I have looked the the thread in this forum dealing with a problem with lookup id3 and as far as I can tell do not have any modules, etc. that would cause the problem. No special sef or anything like that. I only have common components like jce editor, jevents and phoca gallery.

Any suggestions what I can try to troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

James

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Mar 2013 09:31 #3293 by Thomas Hunziker
Can you check if there are any Javascript errors? You can do that by using the console window from Firebug (Firefox Addon) or the developer tools (built-in tools in most browsers).
The Javascript for the lookup uses a Mootools function to decode the Ajax response.
The console would log an error if Mootools isn't loaded or if there were any other conflicts.

You can also try the URL index.php?option=com_sermonspeaker&task=file.lookup&format=json on your site. It should return a json file which you can open with any text editor. It should look like this:

{"status":"0","msg":"Sorry, I couldn't read the tags from this file."}

If this page doesn't return anything it may be a server configuration issue. Check the .htaccess file then if you block anything special.

The ID3 lookup itself is a quite simple AJAX request which sends the file from the form to the above mentioned URL as a POST request. The callled task does then the actual lookup and returns an JSON encoded array of ID3 tags. I doubt anything goes wrong there. It's rather related to the Javascript itself.

The Javascript code is defined in /components/com_sermonspeaker/views/frontendupload/view.html.php around like #99. If you're familiar with Javascript you could echo the variables using console.log or alert().

More
23 Mar 2013 14:56 - 23 Mar 2013 14:57 #3294 by James Goff
Thank you for your response. One of the many reasons I like sermonspeaker is your willingness to help like this :>)

Firebug gave the following error when I click on the lookup ID3.

"NetworkError: 404 Not Found - gbcb.info/admin/index.php?option=com_ser...e.lookup&format=json "

The json file returned by index.php?option=com_sermonspeaker&task=file.lookup&format=json was correct. {"status":"0","msg":"Sorry, I couldn't read the tags from this file."}

I am only slightly familiar with javascript, having dabbled in it some but I will try and look at the variables to see if there is anything obvious.

Any further help will be greatly appreciated.

James
Last edit: 23 Mar 2013 14:57 by James Goff. Reason: fixed typo

More
23 Mar 2013 15:17 #3295 by Thomas Hunziker
The URL in the Firebug error message looks wrong. Do you know where the /admin/ part is coming from? Because in my opinion it shouldn't be there. Most likely this is the issue, especially since the URL I told you to test works.

Do you have any special SEF component or rewrite rules (in .htaccess file or server configuration) active?

More
23 Mar 2013 16:05 #3296 by James Goff
That did it. I only had on the standard Joomla seo and rewrite. The "admin" came from the menu where I had frontend uploading located.

I switched to a direct url address for the upload and that fixed.

Strangely I have been using the old menu link with standard seo and rewrite on all the sites, including the one that still works and it had been working fine. Oh well, either Joomla made a change or my new server did.

Thanks for your help. Have a wonderful day.

James

More
23 Mar 2013 16:17 #3297 by Thomas Hunziker
I'm using standard SEO as well together with a menu item for the frontend upload on Joomla 2.5.9. So that one should work.
I don't really understand why it wasn't working for you. But if you found a work around it's ok.

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds