Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

iTunes problem

More
19 Mar 2013 22:31 #3275 by Richard Papworth
Recently we moved our domain to a different server and at the same time upgraded to Joomla 2.5 and SermonSpeaker 4.X. Our feed appears to be valid: www.westside-bible.org/index.php?option=...monspeaker&view=feed However, when I attempted to update the podcast in the iTunes client, it created a new subscription that has just the podcasts created since we did the update. Do you have any advice about how to fix this so all the sermons are in the original subscription?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Mar 2013 22:37 #3276 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic iTunes problem
Did you change the URL of your site?
And what was the previous version of Joomla and SermonSpeaker?

More
19 Mar 2013 22:48 #3277 by Richard Papworth
Replied by Richard Papworth on topic iTunes problem
The old site had been set up under westside-bible.net to which westside-bible.org automatically forwarded. The new site is set up as westside-bible.org which is the domain we use. The old Joomla was 1.5 and SermonSpeaker was 3.4.4.

More
20 Mar 2013 08:27 #3278 by Thomas Hunziker
If the old feed was registered under westside-bible.net, then iTunes will still look for the feed there. To change the URL of the feed to your new domain you have to follow the instructions given here: www.apple.com/itunes/podcasts/specs.html#changing
SermonSpeaker has a parameter in the SermonCast tab which allows you to set a redirect location. This will add exactly this tag mentioned in the Apple guidelines.
Another way would be to set up a permanent redirect (http 301) from the old feed URL to the new URL. iTunes would pick that up as well.

All this has to be done on the old domain. There is no way you can fix this on the new domain. If the old is down or no longer accessible, then the podcast is lost.

More
20 Mar 2013 17:50 #3279 by Richard Papworth
Replied by Richard Papworth on topic iTunes problem
Thank you, Thomas. However, I am still not clear how to make these two changes. For adding the redirect tag, can you tell me how to determine the name of our RSS feed? In the example they give in the instructions, they use "example.rss". Also, how do I set the HTTP 301 response on the server?

More
20 Mar 2013 18:13 #3280 by Thomas Hunziker
You need the old Joomla still up and running if you want to use the SermonSpeaker feature to redirect. Otherwise this will not work.
The old feed URL was probably the same as your new one, just with the old domain.

A 301 redirect can be done on server level. You can read more about this for example here: www.internetmarketingninjas.com/blog/sea...ation/301-redirects/ .
If it's not your own server, then you probably have to use the .htaccess file for it.

Time to create page: 0.291 seconds