Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

XML with no episodes (using the menu)

More
19 Mar 2013 17:23 #3271 by Julie Tillman
I created menu entries for my 5 podcast streams using a menu item. When I click the menu item, the XML code opens and shows the header info, but WITHOUT any of the associated sermons/episodes.

When I use the SermonCast module to generate the 5 podcast streams, I click it and it displays the XML code WITH the associated sermons/episodes.

Why is there a difference in the output results? I need to use the menu item to generate, because I want a different podcast cover for each stream.

You can view the menu items on this page. Scroll down to the bottom and see the PODCAST menu, click any one of them to see the XML code WITHOUT sermon items.
www.collegedalecommunity.com/weekly-sermon

You can view the modules on this page. Click any one of them to see the XML code WITH sermon items.
www.collegedalecommunity.com/podcasts

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Mar 2013 17:41 #3272 by Thomas Hunziker
Which version of SermonSpeaker are you using?

The latest versions of SermonSpeaker and the SermonCast module are built with the idea that you have a menu item for each feed, and the SermonCast module links to the correct menu item. All filtering and parameters are done in the menu item.
Make sure you set every the way you want it. Especially the filter parameters (category, type, ...).

More
19 Mar 2013 18:34 #3273 by Julie Tillman
Ok. Got it. I didn't understand how the associated menu item worked.

But I think the real problem was that I didn't have the categories set right in the menu item.

I had:
Category for series: Weekly Sermon
Category for speaker: Root
Category for sermons: Root

When I changed it to:
Category for series: Root
Category for speaker: Root
Category for sermons: Weekly Sermon

then it worked. Not sure I understand the different nuances between the three parameters, but it works so I won't complain! :)

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!!

More
19 Mar 2013 19:51 #3274 by Thomas Hunziker
You had the category set for series. That means the feed would show sermons for all series in the selected category, the category of the sermon wouldn't matter. However you wanted to show all sermons in this category where it doesn't matter in which category the series are. It's a small difference :-)
In theory you could apply filters to sermons, speakers and series all at the same time. I guess that feature never was used.

In newer SermonSpeaker versions this filters have changed a bit. Now you can only filter after one category and you can select if this category should be applied to sermons, series or speakers. Most of the time you'll apply the filter to sermon categories.

Hope that clarifies it a bit.

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds