Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

wrong SEF URLs

More
15 Mar 2013 14:37 #3228 by michaeleino
wrong SEF URLs was created by michaeleino
I don't know why is that...

there is a two parent menus... each one has there childes... the childes of the second parent menu has URLs written as a child of the first menu item not the second !!!!!!!!!

another issue... I have just created some sermon lists menu items... I shocked that they were linked to the home menu item!!!

Thanks a lot.
Michael F

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Mar 2013 15:41 #3229 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic wrong SEF URLs
SermonSpeaker tries to find a matching menu item automatically. It uses a similar way to determine this like the content component does. Basically it looks up each menu item and searchs for a menu item matching the view and id from the URL. It takes the first one found.

However it should never link to the home item if a sermonspeaker item is available. That would be a bug.

I agree that this could be improved. So far I just lacked the time to do it.

More
15 Mar 2013 15:55 #3230 by michaeleino
Replied by michaeleino on topic wrong SEF URLs
sorry sorry.... the categories under the parent menu have the wrong written URL's... but the menu is ok... however these wrong written URLs have a direct menu to them

Thanks a lot.
Michael F

More
15 Mar 2013 16:17 #3231 by Thomas Hunziker
I'm not sure if I understand you correctly or if you didn't understand what I tried to explain.

Maybe you can make an example or post an URL of the site?

More
15 Mar 2013 16:51 #3232 by michaeleino
Replied by michaeleino on topic wrong SEF URLs
:) all the menu created is ok...

then... the second menu item (is a parent) when clicked it has some sermons & some categories... these categories have a rewritten URLs from the first menu item (also a parent)
Note: these first & second menus is in the same level.

Thanks a lot.
Michael F

More
15 Mar 2013 17:55 #3236 by Thomas Hunziker
The automatic search routine for menu items is indeed faulty and needs some work. For example it doesn't take into account the category. Which probably is what you see happening.

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds