Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

create sermons automatically

More
13 Mar 2013 18:17 #3206 by Ross
Replied by Ross on topic create sermons automatically
Nothing in the trash either. There are six sermons that are affected so at the end of the day, not a big deal to do by hand. The auto processor did get the rest. Some of the problem files have names like Jehosephat.mp3, so not something that is likely to be duplicated accidently.

I was a little surprised by some of the names that were chosen for files that were imported. For instance, a file "growth.mp3" got imported as track 1. Does it pull the sermon name from the file name or from the track name in the mp3 meta data? It is possible that the files that didn't come in either didn't have a track title or else had something like track 1 as their track title in the meta data. I'm not sure how I can check the mp3 meta data from within Joomla.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Mar 2013 18:26 #3207 by Ross
Replied by Ross on topic create sermons automatically
I downloaded one of the files in question and sure enough the track title in the mp3 meta-data was track 1. So that answers the question about where the auto sermon system gets the sermon name and alias. Is there any way to edit the metadata in the file within Joomla? I probably have a number of files that could use some editing of the mp3 meta data.

More
13 Mar 2013 21:30 #3209 by Thomas Hunziker
That's correct. SermonSpeaker will try to read the title from the id3 tags if present, and falls back to the file title if no id3 tags are found. Your alias issue may indeed be related to "track 1" :-)

To write the id3 tags back to the file, SermonSpeaker has two options included which can help you. The first is the tools function "Write ID3 Tags". This will write id3 tags into the files based on the sermon information in SermonSpeaker. So if you have it all set right within SermonSpeaker, just hit that button and the files will have proper id3 tags written.
The other option is in the SermonSpeaker options and will automatically write the tags when a sermon is saved.

More
26 Aug 2015 13:48 #5483 by michaeleino
Which language would be used as ID3 tag?
When using the function "Write ID3 Tags" or the SermonSpeaker options to automatically write the tags when a sermon is saved....
note: we have a multilingual site... we create an Arabic sermon first then we do create the English version & make association... then other languages translations.

Thanks a lot.
Michael F

More
26 Aug 2015 14:39 #5484 by Thomas Hunziker
The last save always overwrites previous ones. So if you use the same file for both languages, then the ID3 tags from the last saved sermon will be present.

More
26 Aug 2015 14:56 #5485 by michaeleino
hmmm....
is it also applied for the function "Write ID3 Tags" ??

Thanks a lot.
Michael F

Time to create page: 0.296 seconds