Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Upgrade and Migration

More
01 Mar 2013 02:18 #3122 by John Murphy
Trying to successfully migrate, once Database was changed, all sermons, and speakers showed up. I noticed there were no Category's and attempted to add one, and change each sermon individually. (since no sermon showed on front end) But when attempting to save (even with no change) recieved the following:

Save failed with the following error: SermonspeakerTableSermon: :store failed
Unknown column 'modified' in 'field list'...

Checked database, and it seemed alright, is there possibly a missing column?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2013 07:59 #3130 by Thomas Hunziker
Yep, it looks like the database field "modified" is missing.

How exactly did you migrate SermonSpeaker? It's crucial that you do exactly the steps described in the FAQ and forum, otherwise you may end up with incomplete databases. You probably didn't use SermonSpeaker 4.0 but a newer release. Quoting the first sentence from the FAQ entry:

Migration is supported from SermonSpeaker 3.4.2 and higher to SermonSpeaker 4.0. While newer versions may work, it's not tested. It's recommended to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.0 and if it was successful use the Joomla updater to get the latest release of SermonSpeaker.

There is indeed a bug in the migrate script in newer releases. I will fix that. But that's why I strongly recommend to use SermonSpeaker 4.0, because this is tested :-)

More
01 Mar 2013 11:08 #3134 by John Murphy
Replied by John Murphy on topic Upgrade and Migration
Thanks for that, but I had errors when I did the upgrade the first time to only 4.0, so I used the latest this time. I have no isuues adding sermons, so I will manually add them all back in, but is there possibly an easy fix?
Probably not.

More
01 Mar 2013 11:26 #3135 by Thomas Hunziker
Usually the errors are there for a reason :-)

You can have a look at /administrator/components/com_sermonspeaker/sql/updates/mysql. In this folder you have SQL commands for each SermonSpeaker update. Normally Joomla will apply the needed ones on an update.
You need to check each file and apply the commands on your database, using phpMyAdmin or a similar tool. In the files, the tables are noted with a prefix like this "#__", you need to adjust this to the prefix you use in your tables.
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Murphy

More
01 Mar 2013 17:50 #3141 by John Murphy
Replied by John Murphy on topic Upgrade and Migration
If I installed Ver 4.4.11 should I apply all 4.4x.sql?

More
01 Mar 2013 18:08 #3142 by Thomas Hunziker
You can start with 4.4.3. The ones before should already be done by the migrate script.

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds