Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

getting the podcasts into Itunes

More
23 Feb 2013 17:09 #3104 by donald dickens
I have a menu item called podcasts on my site which I will later turn into an icon. When I click on the podcast menuitem I would expect my Itunes to open up and ask me if I want to subscribe to this podcast. Instead the only way I can get it to work is to click on the link and copy the url and go through the Itunes add new podcast proceedure. This brings up the add url box of which I paste my url of the podcast in to. The podcast then works like a charm. This proceedure seems like it would be difficult for the average person just wanting to listen to sermons. Am I missing something in my installation?

Here is my link: www.stpaulschurchofconway.com/

Don Dickens

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Feb 2013 17:24 #3105 by Thomas Hunziker
The menu item points to a regular feed view. If you want it to be opened by iTunes, it needs to have a special protocol (itpc://) instead. It has nothing to do with the feed itself, the content is exactly the same, just the protocol changes and this tells Windows to open it with iTunes instead of the browser.
The easiest way to get such a link to your site is using the SermonCast module. It offers exactly this link together with an Icon.
Or you could use a menuitem of the type "external URL" where you enter the URL like this:

itpc://www.stpaulschurchofconway.com/index.php?option=com_sermonspeaker&view=feed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds