Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

3 questions

More
13 Feb 2013 17:34 #3082 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic 3 questions

Ian Shere wrote: I have sorted everything now except the button ordering - just cannot get that to work. Either get syntax errors or a messed display. Going to have my friendly coder do it - I'ce tried dozens of combos w/o success - even with your great explanation.

A coder shouldn't have much trouble with this, especially if you can give him my explanations here.

Ian Shere wrote: The category now shows, thanks. However, I really want it to say "Service" rather than "Category". Where do I make this change?

It's the "<?php echo JText::_('JCATEGORY'); ?>" part. JText::_() is a Joomla function to translate strings. JCATEGORY is a global string which gets translated to "Category". If you want to have this translated, you have to use language overrides. Or you can just skip translation and put "Service" in there directly and skip the whole <?php echo JText::_('JCATEGORY'); ?> thing.

Ian Shere wrote: For the date issue, Joomla 2.5 allows you to add new date strings (Extensions -->Language Manage --> Overrides). I made 2 new ones, 1 for just the day in full (eg. Wednesday) and a 2nd for the date (eg. Feb 13, 2013). Then I used the existing date code in the template file and copied it into a new line using a <br/> between the 2 and changed the date string to reflect the 2 new date formats I'd set up, and now I have what I want.

That's a good idea as well!

Ian Shere wrote: I've been so impressed with the product and your support (given that SS is free) that I made a donation this morning and I encourage all others who use SS to do the same.

Many thanks for that!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2013 18:59 #3084 by Ian Shere
Replied by Ian Shere on topic 3 questions
Thanks again Thomas. This is an awesome component, especially as you make it available for free. But the support is tremendous - better than I've experienced for many extensions I've paid for - hence the donation.

I just deleted the whole variable statement for JCATEGORY and put in Service as you suggested and it works perfectly. Have a look at ckdev.info/fopc/listen (for anyone reading this thread in the future, this is my development server, so the live address for those who want to look will be www.fopc.org/listen ).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.293 seconds