Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

FaLang support

More
12 Feb 2013 00:30 - 12 Feb 2013 00:32 #3053 by Максим Дубовик
I made some FaLang content plugins for Series, Speakers, Tags and Sermons (you can download it below and use), but I have some problem. My Series definition in FaLang:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?> <falang type="contentelement"> <name>SermonSpeaker series</name> <author>Lufton</author> <version>1.0</version> <description>Definitions for SermonSpeaker series</description> <reference> <table name="sermon_series"> <field type="referenceid" name="id" translate="0">ID</field> <field type="titletext" name="series_title" length="50" maxlength="255" translate="1">Title</field> <field type="htmltext" name="series_description" translate="1" ebuttons="readmore,pagebreak">Description</field> </table> </reference> </falang>
It gives me ability to make translation in FaLang, but it dows not make changes in frontend, e.g. in sermons list. Same for Speaker, Series (do not check Tags yet).
Only Sermons titles are translatable now.
How to make SermonSpeaker be frendly with FaLang? It is quite important for our site.

Thanks!
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 Feb 2013 00:32 by Максим Дубовик.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2013 11:08 #3058 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic FaLang support
Hi

I don't know FaLang myself, so I can't comment on it.

How to make SermonSpeaker be frendly with FaLang? It is quite important for our site.

I don't think SermonSpeaker has to be made friendly with FaLang. SermonSpeaker uses the standard Joomla query builder to get the data from the database. It's completely up to FaLang to deal with this correctly. You have to ask them why it doesn't work.
If they say I have to change something and provide exact steps, I can have a look at it. But I'm not going to reverse engineer what they do and why it possibly doesn't work :-)

By the way: As far as I know JoomFish was able to translate SermonSpeaker without issues. So it should be possible.

More
12 Feb 2013 11:12 #3059 by Максим Дубовик

Thomas Hunziker wrote: Hi
By the way: As far as I know JoomFish was able to translate SermonSpeaker without issues. So it should be possible.

Okey, I heared about JoomFish, but as I know it is not working under Joomla 3, am I right?

More
12 Feb 2013 12:05 #3061 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic FaLang support
FaLang is a fork of JoomFish :)
You could probably even use the same content element files.

According to www.joomfish.net/de/downloads?utm_source...&utm_campaign=module , Joomfish is not (yet) available for Joomla 3.0.

Maybe as a note: Joomla 3.0 now has full support for the language switching in the core. That means if you switch from one language to another, you will see the same content within the new language. It doesn't throw you back to the homepage like it used to.
I'm planning on support this new system in SermonSpeaker as well. But it means that I will probably have to drop Support for Joomla 2.5 then.

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds