Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

How to get more then 20 sermons displayed

More
11 Feb 2013 12:37 #3038 by donald dickens
I want to have available about 2 years of sermons. After the 20th the list stops. I don't see any option to increase that number. I've explored the archive module but can't figure out how to implement it. Under the joomla menu options where the Sermonspeaker list of options are there isn't a choice sermon archives. I had a menu item named podcasts and selected that as my place where the archive should show up ( I took the rss feed (podcast menu selection off of it) I'm not sure what to put to make the archive module work. I can understand if this were a 20 per page option, you just have to go to the next page, but that doesn't seem to be the case. If I sort by date I can get the latest 20 or the oldest 20, nothing inbetween. I would appreciate some assistance in getting this resolved. I've searched the forums and don't see anything resembling my problem at least what I was searching for. This is my url: www.stpaulschurchofconway.com/

Don Dickens

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Feb 2013 12:53 #3039 by donald dickens
Well as soon as I submitted my question I looked at the demo and saw that you accomplished what I was looking for. I went back and found pagination on the global tab saw where it said hide. I fixed that and now I see my missing sermons. The styling is missing but I can figure out how to fix that. I'm using a custom template with custom css but I can fix that part. I also see how to apply the archive module. Wish I had checked the demo before, It gave a wealth of information.

Don Dickens

More
11 Feb 2013 14:32 #3040 by donald dickens
I do have something strange with the layout. Page 1 looks like I want it to. When you go to page 2 the table takes on different css and is not as wide. Not sure why it would change. I inspected the css in Firefox firebug and it looks like it uses the same css on both pages. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Don Dickens

More
11 Feb 2013 14:50 #3042 by Thomas Hunziker
For the pagination (and tooltip) there is an entry in the FAQ. But I see you already fixed it yourself. Just wanted to mention :-)

The length of the list is set by the Joomla global configuration parameter "Default List Limit". For the podcasts it's the "Default Feed Limit". Just in case you're curious.

Now to the different look. Actually there is nothing different. Both tables are formatted exactly the same. The difference is in the data. On the first page you have some longer titles, some scriptures and some longer speakernames. On the second page all entries are equal short.
Since there is no CSS formatting applied to the table width, the browser just makes it as width as needed. Set a width for the table and it will work, like:
Code:
table.category{ width:100%; }

More
12 Feb 2013 02:05 #3054 by donald dickens
I'm up and running. I know I wouldn't have thought to look in the Global Configuration for the list length and and I'm pretty sure I wouldn;t have associated option with my problem. It's a really good day when I learn something. The CSS for the table worked fine as well.

Don

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds