Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Popup Player Error

More
03 Feb 2013 02:17 #2983 by Jonathan Struebel
First of all, I'd like to say thank you for a great extension. It has been simple to setup and work with. So far everything has been working great except for the popup player.

I'm putting together a site to archive my church's sermons and I've got everything working except that when I try to open the popup player in the front end I get the Error "You are not authorized to view this resource.". If I resize the popup window I can see the player and the sermon plays just fine. Based on my research it appears to be a Joomla permissions issue, but as far as I can tell all the categories are set to public. Is there another setting within Joomla that I need to set to public in order for the popup to not display that error?

So far the site is only running Joomla 2.5.8, SermonSpeaker 4.4.11, and Akeeba Backup 3.6.12.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Feb 2013 07:59 #2984 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Popup Player Error
There is a setting in SermonSpeaker to restrict access to the detailpage. Check this one.
If it's not that, I'd like tohave a look at the site.

More
03 Feb 2013 22:32 - 03 Feb 2013 22:32 #2987 by Jonathan Struebel
I'm assuming that you mean the "Detail Page Access Level" option on the Detailpage tab of the SermonSpeaker options. That is set to "public" and I still get the error.

The website is av.immanuelbible.org . Let me know if you need backend access.

Jonathan
Last edit: 03 Feb 2013 22:32 by Jonathan Struebel.

More
03 Feb 2013 22:52 #2988 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Popup Player Error
The problem comes from your template or some plugin, not from SermonSpeaker.
It's related to the URL parameter &tmpl=component. This tells Joomla to only load the component output without any modules around it.
For this every template has a component.php file which is responsible for this output.

So best bet would be to ask your template creator if he did something fancy there. Or you can check the non-core system and content plugins if one is playing the bad guy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonathan Struebel

More
04 Feb 2013 00:22 #2989 by Jonathan Struebel
Ok. I'll check with the template to get it resolved. Thank you for looking at it and pointing me toward a solution.

Jonathan

More
04 Feb 2013 01:38 #2990 by Jonathan Struebel
Quick update: It turns out I was using an old version of the template. I updated to the latest version and now the popup player is working. Thank you again for your help in locating the problem.

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds