Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Upload Error 502

More
28 Jan 2013 23:24 #2953 by James Macleod
Hello,

One of the users uploading sermons on my site is reporting an error when uploading an mp3 file. Other users, including myself, don't see the issue:

A little red box saying Upload Error 502 appears for a few seconds after the line showing progress of upload reaches the far end. It doesn't stay up long enough to do a screen-grab.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

James

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jan 2013 08:09 - 29 Jan 2013 08:09 #2954 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Upload Error 502
Error 502 is a HTTP status code which means "Bad Gateway".
See www.checkupdown.com/status/E502.html or getnetgoing.com/HTTP-502.html

It may be related to a proxy setting or maybe even some Firewall issue.

I don't think it's caused by SermonSpeaker or Joomla itself. Especially since it's working for you and other users.
Last edit: 29 Jan 2013 08:09 by Thomas Hunziker.

More
03 Jan 2019 07:59 #7371 by walshcott
Replied by walshcott on topic Upload Error 502
The 502 Bad Gateway Error is an indication that something has gone wrong within the server of your application, as opposed to the client side request.

How to Fix a 502 Error

Perform a hard-refresh in your browser. On Macs, this is done by pressing Cmd + Shift + R.

This problem is due to poor IP communication between back-end computers, possibly including the Web server at the site you are trying to visit. Before analysing this problem, you should clear your browser cache completely.

If you get this problem for only some of the Web sites you try to visit then it is likely to be a problem at those sites i.e. one of their pieces of equipment is failing/overloaded. Contact the people at those sites.

If you are surfing the Web and see this problem for all Web sites you try to visit, then either 1) your ISP has a major equipment failure/overload or 2) there is something wrong with your internal Internet connection e.g. your firewall is not functioning correctly. In the first case, only your ISP can help you. In the second case, you need to fix whatever it is that is preventing you reaching the Internet.

In some cases, this error caused by low computer hard disk space, you can go check the free space of your computer hard disk. If there is really not enough free space left, clean your computer hard disk well.

Start your browser in Safe Mode. Running a browser in Safe Mode means to run it with default settings and without add-ons or extensions, including toolbars.

If your web application is configured to listen on a socket, ensure that the socket exists in the correct location and that it has the proper permissions

Finally, restart your computer/networking equipment. Some temporary issues with your computer and how it's connecting to your network could be causing 502 errors, especially if you're seeing the error on more than one website. In these cases, a restart would help.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds