Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Frontend Upload fatal error

More
15 Jan 2013 16:07 #2891 by Richard
Hi Thomas,
After upgrading to 4.4.10 we get a fatal error on the Frontend upload page.
These are the messages I get when I turn error reporting on.
When I re-upload the view.html.php from 4.4.9 The page loads ok.

Strict Standards: Declaration of SermonspeakerModelSermon::prepareTable() should be compatible with that of JModelAdmin::prepareTable() in /mydomainname/public_html/administrator/components/com_sermonspeaker/models/sermon.php on line 13

Notice: Undefined property: SermonspeakerViewFrontendupload::$params in /mydomainname/public_html/components/com_sermonspeaker/views/frontendupload/view.html.php on line 381

Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /mydomainname/public_html/components/com_sermonspeaker/views/frontendupload/view.html.php on line 381

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2013 16:21 #2892 by Thomas Hunziker
Just a quick question: Can you try disabling the Joomla error reporting (Site -> Global Configuration -> Server -> Error Reporting)?

Reason is that you get strict standard errors. Those are usually only generated if you have the error reporting on "Development" level. For a productive site, you should never use this.
Errors of type "Strict Standards" and "Notice" aren't real errors, but especially the strict ones can generate fatal errors as a result if the error level is set this high.

Unfortunately I can't fix the strict ones easy. This one results from changed classes between Joomla 2.5 and 3.0. The error will not show in Joomla 3.0 :)

I'll have a closer look at home what happens here, but it would help if you can try this first.

More
15 Jan 2013 16:25 #2893 by Richard
Replied by Richard on topic Frontend Upload fatal error
Hi Thomas, I turned on the error reporting to trace the error.
Without it the frontpage upload page just gave me a blank screen.

More
15 Jan 2013 18:07 #2896 by Thomas Hunziker
Use this view.html.php instead. Extract and put to

/components/com_sermonspeaker/views/frontendupload/view.html.php

File Attachment:

File Name: view.html_...1-15.zip
File Size:5 KB

The error only occurs if s3 is enabled. I'll have to release a new SermonSpeaker version tomorrow or so.
Attachments:

More
17 Jan 2013 13:24 #2907 by Thomas Hunziker
Should be fixed in SermonSpeaker 4.4.11

Time to create page: 0.320 seconds