Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

joomfish translation joomla25 / auto tweet plugin

More
31 Dec 2012 05:39 #2834 by michaeleino
Hello all,
I wonder about this error when trying to translate sermons(sermon_sermons):
No valid database connection: DB function failed with error number 1054
Unknown column 'c.sermon_scripture' in 'field list' SQL=SELECT c.id, c.sermon_title as title, c.sermon_title, c.sermon_scripture, c.notes, jfc.id as jfc_id, jfc.value as titleTranslation, jfc.modified as lastchanged, jfc.published as published, jfc.language_id, jfl.title as language, jfc.reference_id as jfc_refid FROM j25_sermon_sermons as c LEFT JOIN j25_jf_content as jfc ON c.id=jfc.reference_id AND jfc.reference_field='sermon_title' AND jfc.reference_table='sermon_sermons' AND jfc.language_id=1 LEFT JOIN j25_languages as jfl ON jfc.language_id=jfl.lang_id ORDER BY c.sermon_title LIMIT 0, 100

but sermon_speaker & sermon_series is working fine(using joomla2.5.8, joomfish2.5.0 & sermon_speaker4.4.9)
also when trying to translate menus the output is only translation fields with poor CSS & no save,close buttons :(

another thing I need if there is ability to let sermon speaker work with autotweet_NG it's free and most church websites need it to be free :D
Thank you in advance.
best wishes,
Michael F

Thanks a lot.
Michael F

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Dec 2012 06:38 #2835 by Thomas Hunziker
The Joomfish definitions are written for the Joomla 1.5 releases. I didn't know that there is finally a release for Joomla 2.5. I'll have to update the definitions for sure to reflect the database changes. Shouldn't be that hard to do.

I'm already in contact with the guys from Autotweet NG. They will release a new version in January which will support Joomla 3.0 and has a simpler plugin format. As soon as it is available I will write a plugin for it ;)

More
31 Dec 2012 06:49 - 31 Dec 2012 09:54 #2836 by Thomas Hunziker
Joomfish 2.5 seems to be still unavailable for public so I can't do anything. Where did you get it?

edit: Nevermind, found their GitHub repository. I'll have a look at it :-)
Last edit: 31 Dec 2012 09:54 by Thomas Hunziker.

More
31 Dec 2012 12:18 #2837 by Thomas Hunziker
Try the attached file. You may have to unzip it and install them as individual files. I didn't figure out how to do a proper archive :)

File Attachment:

File Name: joomfish.zip
File Size:1 KB

Tell me how this works and if you need additional fields available for translation.

The error in the original files comes from the fact that scriptures are now in a separate table and no longer stored as plain text in the sermon table, thus the database query failed. Since they are now automatically translated using Joomla language files, this is no longer needed in the JoomFish definitions.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: michaeleino

More
01 Jan 2013 16:49 #2840 by michaeleino
Dear Thomas,
Merry christmas ;) ;)

Thank you alot for your time... the Joomfish files works fine it solves the problem when translating the sermons... I'll translate them and till you if there is any issue I will face,

But I still can't translate the menu of Sermon speaker, menutype is "Series/Sermons List" :S

God blesses

Thanks a lot.
Michael F

More
01 Jan 2013 18:30 #2842 by Thomas Hunziker
This is a bug in JoomFish. On line #218 in the file

/libraries/joomfish/translateparams/xml.php

it says
Code:
echo '<p class="tip">' . $this->escape(JText::_($fieldSet->description)) . '</p>';
"$this->escape" is the problem here.
You can comment out/delete the whole line or just don't escape the output like this
Code:
echo '<p class="tip">' . JText::_($fieldSet->description) . '</p>';

This will fix the issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: michaeleino

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds