Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Can not get sermons to play

More
06 Nov 2012 18:23 #2704 by Eric Smith
I'm a newbie to SermonSpeaker and I'm very excited about what it will be able to do for my church's website. The problem I'm having is I can't get the thing to work. I'm in the process of upgrading my site to joomla 2.5.6 and I've downloaded SermonSpeaker 4.4.6 and installed the component and all of the modules/plugins. I tried uploading a few video/audio files via the backend and while it looked like the files were uploaded, I could not find them. I uploaded an audio file via FTP and it uploaded correctly and I can see it when I create a sermon. I created a sermon using that file and saved it. I followed the instructions for creating the menu item and now it will list the sermon but it will not play. What am I doing wrong? I know it's probably something simple. Here's the link to my problem child..... poplartentpresbyterianchurch.org/jupgrad.../mediacenter/sermons

p.s. I've tried viewing this with both IE and Chrome and I have the same issue with both.

Thanks for any and all help.

Eric

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Nov 2012 19:37 #2705 by Thomas Hunziker
You didn't mention it thus I ask: Did you save the Settings? Not saving them initially can produce strange errors. Especially the columns section is worth a look as well. It's where you enable the player and what infos to show.

But then it doesn't look like the file got linked to the sermon. You may want to check that again. If it's in the dropdown list, make sure the list is active and not the textfield.

The upload form should tell you where it will upload the file. This can be set in the SermonSpeaker Options. The uploader should also give you an error message if something goes wrong.

More
06 Nov 2012 20:17 #2706 by Eric Smith
Thomas,

Thanks for your reply. This is embarrassing, you'd think I had never done any of this before. I did not have the player enabled in the columns tab (looked in there a dozen times earlier and never once noticed that) AND for some crazy reason I did not notice that the radio button beside the pulldown was not selected. Thanks for helping me out with this.

Eric

More
06 Nov 2012 22:54 #2707 by Thomas Hunziker
Hi Eric

I saw a lot worse when I worked in computer support :-)
For the upload issue, you may want to read the following thread: www.sermonspeaker.net/forum/SermonSpeake...-error-occurred.html

Time to create page: 0.306 seconds