Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Flashplayer needs Javascript turned on

More
21 Oct 2012 21:39 #2674 by D Keesee
Hello!

On my main Series page, rather than seeing the JW player like I used to, I see this message instead:

"Flashplayer needs Javascript turned on"

I have tinkered with many settings with no success. Also, I have a different page of sermons that is functioning correctly using the same settings and sermon/.mp3 file naming conventions.

I have renamed the sermon title and the .mp3 file to ensure that no odd characters are affecting the player. (Read that in a different thread.)

I need help! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Oct 2012 21:54 #2675 by Thomas Hunziker
Can I have a link to your site? :)

I can say that it's not an issue with the settings. It's most likely related to either a plugin which breaks the javascript or something in the sermons titles, series, speakers names or so which also could break the javascript code. Especially ' and " and such things could be a problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: michaeleino

More
21 Oct 2012 22:03 #2676 by D Keesee
Sure:

Here is the page that I need help with:
cmcroanoke.org/recent-sermons/the-book-of-romans-current-series

Here is a page that is working well:
cmcroanoke.org/recent-sermons/topical-studies

Thanks!

More
21 Oct 2012 22:20 #2677 by Thomas Hunziker
The problem is within the sermon title "What About the Lords Day?"

Are you using the latest release of SermonSpeaker? If not try to update to the latest release, I think I've fixed that bug already.
The following user(s) said Thank You: michaeleino

More
21 Oct 2012 22:41 #2678 by D Keesee
Yep... That fixed it. For some reason, I thought punctuation would only break the player if the uppermost sermon contained odd characters.

Thanks for helping!

I look forward to posted some ideas and thoughts for Sermon Speaker soon. I really appreciate your labor, this contribution has been more than helpful!

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds