Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Filters

More
15 Oct 2012 21:41 #2644 by Zarief Mina
Filters was created by Zarief Mina
I am working on my Church website, the sermons page link I am working on is the following:
zariefmina.com/morningside/index.php/about/morningside-sermons

Is there anyway to have the following features added to the sermon page?
  • Need a clear all filters button
  • Need the filter button that you type in to be able to lookup by speaker name (or a speaker drop down menu)
  • Is it possible to have the scripture popup in a separate window when you hoover over the text? (say from Bible Gateway or similar website)
  • Can we have a column for
  • service category in the layout? (SS, AM, PM, Wed, Special Service, etc.)
  • How to remove the words (Filter, Date) and change the second word Filter?

• Thank you so very much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Oct 2012 21:55 #2645 by Andrei Chernyshev
Replied by Andrei Chernyshev on topic Filters
for 3rd bullet point you can either install reftagger or zefaniaBible component with plugins. reftagger.com/ or www.zefaniabible.com/demo/scripture-lookup.html

More
15 Oct 2012 22:08 #2647 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Filters
Moving to SermonSpeaker 4.x forum

More
15 Oct 2012 22:24 #2648 by Thomas Hunziker

Zarief Mina wrote:

• Need a clear all filters button
  • Need the filter button that you type in to be able to lookup by speaker name (or a speaker drop down menu)
  • Is it possible to have the scripture popup in a separate window when you hoover over the text? (say from Bible Gateway or similar website)
  • Can we have a column for
  • service category in the layout? (SS, AM, PM, Wed, Special Service, etc.)
  • How to remove the words (Filter, Date) and change the second word Filter?

• Currently this is not implemented. I guess it would be possible with some small Javascript. You could do that in your own layout. However I think it's a good idea and will add it to my "ToDo" list.
  • If you need to filter the sermon list by a speaker, the supposed way is to click on the speakername and then select the sermons link from the popup. This will get you the list you want.
  • This would be the job of a system or content plugin. SermonSpeaker allows you to specify a plugin tag which will be wrapped automatically around each scripture.
  • The category is not included in the layouts, however you could easily do that in a custom layout. I will probably add this in a future release as well.
  • You can probably hide it using CSS (or with a custom layout). Changing the word can be done using the Language Manager Overrides tab. The constant you need is "JGLOBAL_FILTER_LABEL" and it's a global string, which means it will be changed Joomla-wide.

More
16 Oct 2012 00:15 #2650 by Zarief Mina
Replied by Zarief Mina on topic Filters
Thank you so very much, and thank you also for considering those two items in the future to do list. Is there any near-future plans?
I would really appreciate it, if you could let me know with those two changes.

Another thing, please let me know how to put Display# with the other filters on top of it on the same line.

Thank you so very much for all your good work.

More
16 Oct 2012 08:19 #2652 by Thomas Hunziker
Currently I'm creating new layouts for Joomla 3.0 based on the new Protostar template. Maybe I add your ideas into it in the same process. But I can't promise it. I want to release a new SermonSpeaker version with improved Joomla 3.0 support as soon as possible.

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds