Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

PPS format additional files

More
03 Oct 2012 11:11 #2608 by Darren Forsdyke
Hi,

I've upgraded my site to Joomla 2.5 and hence updated SermonSpeaker to 4.4.6.

Unfortunately, I now can't see my powerpoint show files in the additional files dropdown list.

You fixed this for me in version 3, but the fix doesn't seem to be the same in v4.

Thanks in advance.

Darren

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Oct 2012 13:00 #2609 by Andrei Chernyshev
Can you check under options -> filepaths -> Monthly subdirectories if they are set to yes. if so set them to no. this will make them show. also Language subdirectories you might also want to set to no if they are set to yes.

More
03 Oct 2012 13:15 #2612 by Darren Forsdyke
Hi,

Both set to "No".

My .mp3 and .pps files are all stored in subdirectory called "sermons" which is in the joomla root. The MP3 files are being found OK.

The info next to the additional file upload button (on "add sermon" screen) correctly shows that files would be uploaded to /sermons/ folder.

It's not causing me a problem, but for your info, do you know that the "paths to pictures" option must be set to a directory within the /images/ directory? I originally tried to set it to my /sermons/ directory but when I tried to then load the images to the speakers etc I could only look for /sermons/ insode the /images/ directory.

Thanks,

Darren

More
03 Oct 2012 15:27 #2613 by Andrei Chernyshev
I believe images have to be stored in images folder. Since Thomas is using media form field for some of the selection boxes. also in sermon.xml file there is a setting you can add for it to recognize PPS file types.
Code:
filter="\.png$|\.gif$|\.jpg$|\.bmp$|\.pdf$|\.txt$|\.doc$|\.docx$|\.ppt$|\.pptx$"
it's located in administrator/models/forms/sermon.xml
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darren Forsdyke

More
07 Oct 2012 14:05 - 07 Oct 2012 14:06 #2616 by Thomas Hunziker
Sorry for the delay with my answer. I was in holidays in Italy :-)

Andrei is right with both issues.
  • The path to the picture folders must be inside the base directory of the Joomla media manager (default: images). In the SermonSpeaker options where you set this directories, the tooltip for the "Path to pictures" title tells this. But I agree that this is a bit hidden and could be made a more prominent information :-)
  • The filters for the filelists can be set in the form xml definitions like Andrei wrote. There is one such file for the frontend and one for the backend:

/administrator/components/com_sermonspeaker/models/forms/sermon.xml
/components/com_sermonspeaker/models/forms/sermon.xml

I will add them to the next release of SermonSpeaker. Are there other file extensions which would make sense for this filter?
Last edit: 07 Oct 2012 14:06 by Thomas Hunziker.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darren Forsdyke

More
09 Oct 2012 18:50 #2617 by Darren Forsdyke
Hi,

Thank you very much - working perfectly again now.

No suggestions for other files types - we only ever use MP3 and PPS files.

Thanks again

Darren

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds