Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Upgrade to 4.4.6 - sermon list now empty

More
24 Sep 2012 23:18 #2579 by Michael Dunkle
I upgraded my localhost test site to use version 4.4.6. Now I'm receiving "Sorry, unfortunately I didn't find any Sermons" from the Sermons view. The Latest Sermons module is still displaying a listing, correctly.

Any thoughts on what might be wrong?

Thanks,

Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Sep 2012 23:25 #2580 by Thomas Hunziker
Can you check the server error log and/or enable the Joomla error logging? I'd say it's a database query problem and maybe we get some hints from the log.

More
25 Sep 2012 16:10 #2584 by Michael Dunkle
I was checking the menu links I had setup. I found "Component 'com_sermonspeaker' does not exist" showing up for all my SermonSpeaker listings. I thought perhaps something in the upgrade didn't apply correctly, so I did an uninstall of the package & then reinstalled.

Once I restored my SermonSpeaker tables, I selected the menu item and reselected the link type as Sermons List & saved. The Sermons List did show after this. Is it possible there was something mixed up in the menu links. Would the upgrade cause this?

One thing I noticed, under the Basic Options the Category field description makes mention of a "root" option. I remember this from my original setup of the menu choices. I'm not seeing that item in the drop-list any more. Not sure if this is contributing or not.

Thanks for a great component.

Mike

More
25 Sep 2012 16:26 - 25 Sep 2012 17:38 #2585 by Thomas Hunziker
Depending on what your SermonSpeaker version was before the update, yes this could be possible. There was one update which required that you re-save your menu items. However it wasn't necessary to reinstall SermonSpeaker, it was enough to open the menu item and save it again.

The "root" option is gone now because categories are now required.
Last edit: 25 Sep 2012 17:38 by Thomas Hunziker. Reason: typo

More
25 Sep 2012 17:18 #2586 by Michael Dunkle
Makes sense. Wish I would have tried the menus first. That way I wouldn't have had to rebuild the categories...

If categories aren't required, then shouldn't there be a "root" option, or a blank or "select" option in the drop-down? The first category in the list will always be selected if there isn't a non-choice (for lack of a better term) in the drop-down list.

Thanks again!

More
25 Sep 2012 17:40 #2587 by Thomas Hunziker

Michael Dunkle wrote: If categories aren't required, then shouldn't there be a "root" option, or a blank or "select" option in the drop-down? The first category in the list will always be selected if there isn't a non-choice (for lack of a better term) in the drop-down list.

There was a 'w' missing in my previous post, sorry for that.

The "root" option is gone now because categories are now required.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Dunkle

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds