Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Remove sermon ID from URL

• Josh
  • Josh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
23 Sep 2012 20:00 #2568 by Josh
Remove sermon ID from URL was created by Josh
Is there anyway to remove the sermon id from the URL? I need it removed to do what I am trying to do.

For example, this has the id: www.oakgrovephchurch.org/sermons/sermon/...revival-2012-night-4

This is what I want it to look like: www.oakgrovephchurch.org/sermons/sermon/...revival-2012-night-4

So, I want to remove the id 6 in this case but I want it done automatically for all.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Sep 2012 22:18 #2570 by Thomas Hunziker
It would probably be possible. There is one file which defines how the SEF URLs are built for SermonSpeaker. It's located in /components/com_sermonspeaker/router.php.
docs.joomla.org/Supporting_SEF_URLs_in_your_component explains how it works.

However it's not an easy task and needs some knowledge of the Joomla framework.
The function to decode the URL needs to return the id of the sermon, so you probably have to run an SQL query looking for the alias and then return the id for it.

The way it currently works, is that only the id part is important, the rest of the URL is just there so the URL looks nicer :-)
It's fast, reliable and Joomla standard.

• Josh
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
24 Sep 2012 20:05 #2577 by Josh
Replied by Josh on topic Remove sermon ID from URL
Ok, well I am not smarter enough to figure that out lol. I just found another way to do what I wanted to do even better. Is there anyway to add just the player to an article. Thanks

More
24 Sep 2012 20:34 - 24 Sep 2012 20:34 #2578 by Thomas Hunziker
You could probably use one of the player plugins that are available in the Joomla Extension Directory ( extensions.joomla.org/extensions/multime...eo-players-a-gallery ).

SermonSpeaker itself doesn't offer this function, but it's an interesting idea and it would certainly be possible to create such a plugin. But it will probably not be in the next two weeks.

By the way: Why do you want to remove the id in the first place? Is there any specific reason?
Last edit: 24 Sep 2012 20:34 by Thomas Hunziker.

• Josh
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
25 Sep 2012 00:35 #2581 by Josh
Replied by Josh on topic Remove sermon ID from URL
Ok, so possibly in a month or so you could have a plugin that would work for an article?

The reason I wanted to remove the id is because I have an article on my home page that links to the newest sermons and whatever the title of the article is, is the URL to the sermons. So since the url has an id number in it the title of my sermon would have to be idnumber - sermon title...but I just realized yesterday that all I have to do is change the alias on the article and it will work just fine. So, it is all good now thanks.

Oh, one last thing...I know I am asking like 100 questions but I love this sermonspeaker thing for joomla it is awesome. On my website under length it says all my sermons are 00:00:00 but I know they are not, anyway to fix this?

Here is the link:http://www.oakgrovephchurch.org/sermons

More
25 Sep 2012 08:01 #2582 by Thomas Hunziker
The duration of the sermon can be set in the sermon edit form. If you use the id3 lookup button, the length will be calculated from the file and inserted into the field.

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds