Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Automatic subfolders for speakers

More
22 Aug 2012 05:25 #2406 by Reuben
How hard is it to have subfolders automatically generated for different speakers?
So in the /mp3 folder there is folders for each speakers sermons.

This would make editing later on much easier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2012 07:53 #2407 by Thomas Hunziker
You can already create subdirectories based on date and selected language. Isn't that enough?

The problem with the speaker is that I don't know the speaker if the file is uploaded before the form is filled out. For date and language I can use the current date and active language as default value, for the speaker I have no such way to guess it.

More
22 Aug 2012 10:43 #2409 by Reuben
No worries, I'll just use date.

Different topic, but how can I change the date field to be "0000-00-00 00:00:00", rather than automatically grabbing the current date if it is left empty?

More
22 Aug 2012 12:10 #2410 by Thomas Hunziker
For new sermons, SermonSpeaker assumes you want the current date for the sermon date if left empty. Most of the time this is what people use since they upload a sermon shortly after it was recorded.
If you edit an existing sermon, you can delete the sermon date to have "0000-00-00 00:00:00" as the value.

More
22 Aug 2012 13:19 #2411 by Reuben
Yes, I was wondering if that feature can be disabled. At the moment I have to go back and edit half of the sermons I upload.

I have lots of old sermons with no date.

More
22 Aug 2012 13:46 #2412 by Thomas Hunziker
The feature can't be disabled.
Personally I would insert all those sermons and then run an SQL statement in phpMyAdmin or a similar tool:
Code:
UPDATE jos_sermon_sermons SET sermon_date = '0000-00-00 00:00:00'
This will set the date for all sermons. If you only want to set it for specific sermons, you could unpublish those and then run a statement like this:
Code:
UPDATE jos_sermon_sermons SET sermon_date = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' WHERE state = 0

Time to create page: 0.306 seconds