Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Trouble Uploading from Front-End

More
12 Jul 2012 11:14 #2291 by Thomas Hunziker
In the error logs you should search for the time when the error occured. I usually reproduce the error and read the error logs just a second later. Then it will the latest entry :-)

I can comment on the errors you see, but mostly they're coming from the jwfupload script and not from SermonSpeaker itself. So I would have to ask the developers of jwfupload to see what it exactly means.
  • invalid token: This is a Joomla error. Usually it points to a Joomla session error. There is a security token in the form which is based on your current session and the server will check that token when you upload something.
  • upload error 303: Error 303 means the page requested returned a "Permanently Moved" status, also known as a redirect. I don't know where that is coming from. SermonSpeaker doesn't issue a redirect in this function.
  • not able to save to the server: Sounds like an error message from JWFUpload. At least I don't find such an error message within Joomla.
  • An error occurred...: This one is generated by SermonSpeaker if there is not really a file to save after the upload. It checks for a filename and doesn't find any.

Of course your PHP settings must allow to upload files fo the size you try. Maybe check your "upload_max_filesize" and "post_max_size". There may also be limits on how long a script may run: "max_execution_time".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jul 2012 19:35 #2295 by Tanya
My PHP settings have been updated already - I can load large files from the back end fine, just not the front end. I replicated the situation and I did not get an error in the log at all.

However, when I use the regular front-end upload (not the flash one), I just get a blank page at this address:
.../index.php?option=com_sermonspeaker&task=file.upload&tmpl=component&f6a348ed018f0a184370ad0302c24d61=1a2fd8194b95814270752c658419aac8&5fd0e211f64cf70ccda85bd9511795dc=1

Does that help at all?
Thanks,
Tanya

More
12 Jul 2012 20:01 #2296 by Thomas Hunziker
The URL is fine, it's the target of the form.
  • option=com_sermonspeaker: Tells Joomla which component to load, we need com_sermonspeaker of course.
  • task=file.upload: Tells Joomla to execute the function "upload" in the "file" controller.
  • f6a348ed018f0a184370ad0302c24d61=1a2fd8194b95814270752c658419aac8: This is the session name and id. They need to match the name and id stored on the serverside.
  • 5fd0e211f64cf70ccda85bd9511795dc=1: This is the security token.

By the way the Flash target URL is almost the same. It only has an added &format=json.

The strange part is that you get a blank page. You should get redirected to the edit form in all cases.

So the sermon upload works in the backend using SermonSpeaker?
Can you check if it works in frontend if you edit an existing sermon?

Also, can you check if it works if you disable all non-core system and maybe content plugins? Maybe you have a plugin which messes up things here.

More
12 Jul 2012 21:22 #2297 by Tanya
Yes, it works perfectly in the back end.
It does not work in the front end if I create a new sermon, or if I edit a current one. I've also tried different files and different sermons and different browsers.

I disabled all plugins except for my menu and K2 and it still happened. Sorry. :(

More
12 Jul 2012 21:44 #2298 by Thomas Hunziker
Hmm, K2 shouldn't be the issue I guess.

Do you have any special SEF extension? Can you try if it works with all SEF options turned off?

Maybe you can create a user for me which is allowed to use the frontend uploader, then I can have a look myself. You could send the user and password to bakual@bakual.ch

More
20 Jul 2012 07:53 #2322 by Thomas Hunziker
As an update for future readers:
The problem was in the php.ini. The settings "upload_max_filesize" in particular was to low. But there were also other issues which made it a bit more confusing.

Time to create page: 0.313 seconds