Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Speakers list not finding sermons

More
15 Jun 2012 22:11 #2079 by Bill Nye
Hello,

This is a little complicated to explain.

I have a Speakers List menu entry Teaching by Speaker. When I use the root category it returns all of our speakers and when you click on the title, the speaker page appears and it populates a list of latest sermons for the speaker.

However, we have a lot of different speakers, so I divided our speakers into multiple categories of speakers. I then created submenu items under the Teaching by Speaker heading for each sub category. Example:

Teaching by Speaker
- Preaching Pastors
- Elders and Guest Speakers
- Ladies Event Speakers

Each of the subcategory speaker lists appropriately shows the right speakers, but when you click on the speaker name to go the individual speaker page, the system finds no sermons. I assume that this is because I haven't selected Root for the speakers.

Is there a way to make this work?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jun 2012 22:23 #2080 by Thomas Hunziker
Sounds like a bug, but I have to try to reproduce it on my system to see what happens.

More
15 Jun 2012 23:36 #2081 by Thomas Hunziker
I think I've found the issue. The sermons model was indeed filtering for the category set in the speakers view, which is of course wrong.
Try the attached version:

Attachment not found

After you have installed this one, you need to open and resave your speaker menu items so they store the new settings. After that it should hopefully work as expected.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds