Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Sermon Speaker on iPad

More
01 Jun 2012 05:13 #2012 by Ron Hammer
I have installed the latest version on my Joomla 2.5 site. The player will play fine on iPad but there are no controls to pause and restart. Anyone have any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jun 2012 08:08 #2013 by Thomas Hunziker
Hi Ron

Since Apple devices don't support Flash, our player should fallback to HTML5. What controls are offered there depends on the browser.

So to my knowledge there isn't much we can do on our side. Either write Apple an email that they finally support Flash, or buy a tablet which supports Flash :)

More
01 Jun 2012 18:11 #2016 by Ron Hammer
Hi Thomas - I love Sermon Speaker and I hope you are enjoying every day with that new baby!

I have version 4.4 installed. Can you tell me what version of JW Player is installed and where the code is located? I thought I'd take a look from that standpoint.

Obviously it's not a big deal for me to be able to play them - since they are my sermons. But a large percentage of web surfing is being done from ipads and iphones these days, so finding a way to support them would be worth some effort on my part. I appreciate that you've implemented a player that can at least play the audio - even without the full controls available!

More
01 Jun 2012 19:01 #2017 by Thomas Hunziker
You can rightclick on the player to see the version :)
SermonSpeaker 4.4.3 has JW Player 5.9 included. The files are located in /media/com_sermonspeaker/player/jwplayer

More
01 Jun 2012 19:04 #2018 by Ron Hammer
Thanks for the information!

Did some research on the JW Player site and this is an issue they are working on. The plan is to use the video controls for iPad audio in the next update. Hopefully it will be resolved with JW Player 6.0.

More
01 Jun 2012 19:15 #2019 by Thomas Hunziker
Ah, nice to know!

Time to create page: 0.297 seconds