Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

SermonSpeaker, obSocialSubmit and Facebook

More
24 May 2012 19:12 #1969 by Julie Tillman
I'm confused on all the pieces I need in place to integrate SermonSpeaker and Facebook. I'm also confused as to what the end result will be if I proceed with integration.

Mostly, I want users to be able to share sermons (with a single click) on their own Facebook feeds if they want to.

Secondary, I suppose it would be nice to have the sermon auto-publish to our church Facebook page.

What are the steps to the integration?
-Create Facebook API
-Install obSocialSubmit
-Configure obSocialSubmit settings
-Configure SermonSpeaker settings

???
A general overview of what needs to happen to configure it all--and what the end result will be--would be awesome!

Thanks for any direction any of you can provide. :)

Julie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 May 2012 19:17 #1970 by Andrei Chernyshev
Your primary objective is already available all you need to do i place a Facebook like button pages using a module or something. Sermon speaker already has Facebook OpenGraph integrated.
Secondary goal will require you to spend some money to get obSocialSubmit component. the ad-don is tested with version 1.7.7 i believe, obSocialSubmit team might have updated their version of add-on so it might work. but they will provide steps necessary to do Facebook integration in more detail.

More
24 May 2012 22:06 #1971 by Thomas Hunziker
If you put a "like" button on your page, a user will be able to share a sermon without any more settings made. Facebook supports this for all possible links.

If you add an AdminID or AppID to the SermonSpeaker options ("Integration" tab), SermonSpeaker will add the Facebook OpenGraph informations to the sermon page. This is a special protocol which allows to define more details about a page.

On this site I use the modul found here extensions.joomla.org/extensions/social-...facebook-share/14580 for the Facebook like button. But basically evey modul would work or you could even create your own html code and put it in a custom modul. It will always work.

To autopublish a sermon, you need the obSocialSubmit component with all the plugins you want from them. It costs some money but it will also support publishing to various other social media networks like Twitter. It's quite nice.

Time to create page: 0.294 seconds