Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

View both Video And Audio

More
11 May 2012 01:11 #1932 by Mike
Hi Thomas, thanks for your hard work, and Congrats on the kid.

I'm working on upgrading our website to j2.5, and ss 4, and I'm re-arranging the sermon details page, and I love that it shows vimeo (thanks!) but how do I show both the vimeo video, and the Wordpress Audio player? I know that using the JAudio, it enables a Switch Feature to switch back and forth between either video or audio, but I would like the video to be up top, and the audio player to be down below... if that is not possible, then at least to have a download Audio button to open in new tab... I like the wordpress player, and would like to have both available as an option...

how would I go about doing this?

thanks much!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 May 2012 17:39 #1933 by Thomas Hunziker
You would have to create two player objects for this. One for the video and one for the audio.

When creating a player object, you can pass some configuration parameters to it. In this config array you will have to set the 'type' (video or audio respectively) and a 'count' to have unique ids of the player.
The options are explained here: www.sermonspeaker.net/documentation/layo...dvanced-layouts.html

So for the video player you would use this code:
Code:
$config = array('count' => 1, 'type' => 'video'); $player_video = new SermonspeakerHelperPlayer($this->item, $config);
For the audio player this:
Code:
$config = array('count' => 2, 'type' => 'audio'); $player_audio = new SermonspeakerHelperPlayer($this->item, $config);

More
11 May 2012 21:45 #1934 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Re: View both Video And Audio
Perfect! Got it to work great. Thanks so much! May I ask one more question, hopefully it is easy...

I have done 3 custom image buttons, 1) Download Audio 2) Download Notes (additional file) 3) View Vimeo Page... how do I get I go about making those links? I'm new (obviously) to php.

Thank you so much for your service. God Bless!

More
11 May 2012 23:06 #1935 by Thomas Hunziker
1) This is the code used for the download link in the icons layout:
Code:
<a id="sermon_download" href="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?task=download&id='.$this->item->slug.'&type='.$player->status); ?>" class="download"> <?php echo JText::_('COM_SERMONSPEAKER_DOWNLOADBUTTON_AUDIO'); ?> </a>
The important thing is the link, which basically is

index.php?task=download&id=123&type=audio

The JRoute::_() is a Joomla function which makes the SEF URLs from a given URL. $this->item->slug contains the id and alias of the current sermon. $player->status would contain the selected type (audio or video) of the player, you can ignore this one as you want always audio and write "&type=audio" directly instead. JText::_() is the Joomla function to translate a text, in this case the string 'COM_SERMONSPEAKER_DOWNLOADBUTTON_AUDIO'.

2) The additional file is a straight link, the URL can be built with "$this->item->addfile" which contains the link and "$this->item->addfileDesc" which contains the description of the additional file as set in the sermon.

3) I'm not sure what you mean with Vimeo Page. Do you mean the video page on www.vimeo.com ? Then you can directly use the link stored in $this->item->videofile.

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds