Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Spaces in file name=broken podcast

More
09 May 2012 16:15 #1913 by Julie Tillman
I discovered that if our file name has a space in it, the podcast in iTunes fails. I'm not sure if this is caused by iTunes rules, normal podcast procedures, SermonCast parameters or a Joomla issue?

Has anyone else had this problem?

I wish there was a way for SermonSpeaker to alert the uploading user that the file name has a space in it and needs to be renamed before being sent down the processing line.

Thanks for any pointers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 May 2012 16:19 #1914 by Andrei Chernyshev
iTunes is sensitive to this. i believe if you use back end up-loader it might rename the files, not sure about front end. also it is sensitive to image files being broken. if you want to use a space you can replace it with _ underscore in file names yourself.

More
09 May 2012 16:39 #1916 by Thomas Hunziker

Andrei Chernyshev wrote: i believe if you use back end up-loader it might rename the files, not sure about front end.

I think the frontend uploader also should rename the file automatically. If that's not the case, it would be a bug :-)

The reason for this behaviour is that spaces in an URL are not allowed. Some browsers can handle them, but not all programs can :-)

More
09 May 2012 16:45 #1917 by Julie Tillman
I just tried it through the front-end uploader and it did indeed rename the files. I think this (along with the unable-to-download problem) a deal-breaker for using S3.

I need the files to be renamed.
I need my users to be able to manually download files.

This happens as long as I stay within SermonSpeaker and don't wander out to S3. I'm glad I'll be able to make it work. But too bad we won't be able to use S3 and still provide our users what they need.

Appreciate you guys!

More
10 May 2012 14:53 #1927 by Andrew
In order to better support using sermon files stored on S3 would either of the following be possible?

1. Is there a way to upload to S3 storage using the frontend and/or backend uploaders?

2. If not, then would it be possible to generate an error when trying to link an S3 file that has spaces or other special characters in it? Perhaps the same input validation that is done for uploaded files could also be used for linked files. Ideally the S3 files would also get renamed, but if that is not possible then could an error or warning be generated instead?

Thanks for all your help!

Andrew

More
10 May 2012 16:33 #1929 by Thomas Hunziker

Andrew wrote: In order to better support using sermon files stored on S3 would either of the following be possible?

1. Is there a way to upload to S3 storage using the frontend and/or backend uploaders?

2. If not, then would it be possible to generate an error when trying to link an S3 file that has spaces or other special characters in it? Perhaps the same input validation that is done for uploaded files could also be used for linked files. Ideally the S3 files would also get renamed, but if that is not possible then could an error or warning be generated instead?

Thanks for all your help!

Andrew

I use a library to read the S3 contents, I will look what is possible with it. When I implemented it I had the code provided from a user and just adapted it a bit to fit better into the Joomla Framework.

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds