Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Issues with Scripture reference feature

• Paul
  • Paul's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
07 May 2012 20:59 #1892 by Paul
Hello Thomas,
I appreciate the work you do with Sermon Speaker.
I have been using the product for a couple of years, and I have gone through the upgrades. I am currently using 4.4
The problem I am having is with the Scripture References. At some point, I have lost the ability to search the Scripture References on the Sermon page of the website. When I checked the back-end, I realized that all but the newest of the Sermons (as they are listed in the Sermon Manager) show the Scripture reference in abbreviated form, and they are underlined. When I look at the individual sermons, and when I hover over the Scripture Reference, I am told that the reference is not searchable. All I have to do to correct the problem, is to re-enter the Scripture reference using the new green "+" symbol, and the new Scripture Reference is now in long form (no abbreviations) and is now searchable. My problem is, that I have about 400 sermons to change the text on - is there a short-cut for this?
Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 May 2012 23:18 #1893 by Thomas Hunziker
The scripture reference changed with SermonSpeaker 4.4. This change allowed to filter the frontend lists based on bible books, but this only works for scriptures entered in the new format. The old ones are marked as described.

I have to improve the search plugin a bit anyway. I think it should be possible to make the old scriptures searchable again, but filtering will still only work for the new scriptures. So for this you could wait for a new release of the search plugin. I just can't promise any date due to an unexpected reallife issue happening at the moment (which is a very nice "issue").
Unfortunately there is no shortcut for changing the scripture from the old to the new format. If you know database handling, you could in theory edit it directly in the database, but it's probably not so error proof.

A note about the abbreviated form and the long form. The first one is exactly how you entered the scripture. Looks like you used an abbreciated form then. The (new) long form is now coming from the language files and could be overriden without problems.

• Paul
  • Paul's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
07 May 2012 23:39 #1894 by Paul
Thanks for the quick response Thomas.

The whole issue is not a big deal. I'm not real computer savvy anyway. So I wasn't sure if the change in reference format was something that I did, or something that changed during the upgrade process. Since I would like to be able to use the filters on the front-end, I will just manually convert the scripture references to the new format as I get time.

Hope everything goes well with you.

More
08 May 2012 07:24 #1896 by Thomas Hunziker

Paul wrote: Hope everything goes well with you.

It goes very well, it's just very time consuming :-)

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds