Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Apocrypha Mod

More
28 Apr 2012 07:42 #1844 by Reuben
Apocrypha Mod was created by Reuben
Hi there,

As our church does not use the apocrypha but does frequently have sermons preached on the Heidelberg Catechism, I changed the "apocrypha" section in the appropriate language file into a list of "Lords Days" (1-52). I changed every instance of "APOCRYPHA" to "LORDSDAY" and also changed < 74 in scripture\tmpl\default.php to < 120.

Everything seems to be working perfectly, when uploading a sermon I can now choose a Lords Day instead of an apocryphal book, and when viewing the sermon individually or as a list everything works fine.

However, if I have a sermon published with, say, "Lords Day 1" as "scripture", and search via Joomla site search for "Lords Day 1" it returns no results. If it's anything apart from Lords Days, eg. Genesis 3, the search works perfectly. (Search plugin is active)

Have I done something wrong, or was the apocrypha by default not searchable?
Thanks very much for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Apr 2012 08:40 #1845 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Re: Apocrypha Mod
The search plugin uses it's own language strings. Did you change that as well? Also you need to raise the limit there a swell.
The files are in /plugins/search/sermonspeaker/
In the file sermonspeaker.php raise the limit on line #82.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reuben

More
28 Apr 2012 09:14 - 28 Apr 2012 09:24 #1846 by Reuben
Replied by Reuben on topic Re: Apocrypha Mod
Thanks, I had not changed them yet.

However, after updating those files it still is not working. If the language file has "lordsday" as one word, and you search for "lordsday", no space, the search works.

If you have a space in the language file, "lords day", no results when you search with or without a space.

This also happens if "Song of Solomon" is selected as scripture, returns no results.

Any ideas?
Last edit: 28 Apr 2012 09:24 by Reuben.

More
28 Apr 2012 09:29 #1847 by Thomas Hunziker
Joomla by default threats the searchstring as single words and looks them up one by one. However the way the search plugin works currently, the scripture books needs to be an exact match, partial matches are not counted. Thus if you have a two word book, the search will fail.

It should however work with the search mode "Exact Phrase" if you only search for "Lords Day".
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reuben

More
28 Apr 2012 09:40 #1848 by Reuben
Replied by Reuben on topic Re: Apocrypha Mod
Makes sense. I'm going to make all the books one word for now, looks a little bit ugly but more functional.

Thanks very much for your help, appreciate it a lot.

More
28 Apr 2012 09:55 #1849 by Thomas Hunziker
I will probably improve the search plugin for the next version so it will also return partial matches on the scripture book. Just have to find a clever way on how to do it :)

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds