Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Out of the box setup

More
04 Apr 2012 17:19 #1719 by Don Wrightson
I'm not coder but have built, modified and maintiane several sites using templates/extensions. I've installed Sermonspeaker on one of my sites but I can not get it to look like one of your demo videos (see attached). Is it possible through configuration changes or do you have to modify the various files?

My test site is www.cayucosonthehill.com which is very rough at this time.

Thanks,
Don
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Apr 2012 17:27 - 04 Apr 2012 17:28 #1720 by Thomas Hunziker
The attached pdf shows the sermon listing page from a previous release of SermonSpeaker (I guess 3.4.x or so). It will not look exactly the same with SermonSpeaker 4.4. But I don't think that's your issue :)

Try the "sermons listings" view for your menu entry. This will result in this page: www.cayucosonthehill.com/index.php?optio...speaker&view=sermons which is probably what you want to see. However since your template has a dark background, you have to play around with the colors a bit. This is best done in your templates CSS file.

Also maybe this documentation is helpful for you:
www.sermonspeaker.net/documentation/first-steps/installing.html
Last edit: 04 Apr 2012 17:28 by Thomas Hunziker.

More
04 Apr 2012 19:00 #1722 by Don Wrightson
Quick response, thank you very much. That did help but I have another question.
At the top of the demo page it has different presentations, i.e., sort. See attachment.

Thanks,
Don
Attachments:

More
04 Apr 2012 19:11 #1723 by Thomas Hunziker
Sorting is now done by just clicking the table headers. There is no need for those extra links anymore and thus I've removed them.

There is a parameter in the SermonSpeaker options which allow you to show additional filter fields. Also the pagination will now be below the table, and not above as in this video.

Basically SermonSpeaker follows a lot more the design of core components like com_content (Joomla articles) now.

More
05 Apr 2012 01:39 #1724 by Don Wrightson
It's beginning to look great but I have 2 more questions.
Can you point me to the file(s) where I can change the background color and/or text color, along with background size. See attachment ....4 red arrows? Looking at attachment ...3 red arrows, can that formating be changed easily?

Again, thank you for your quick response.
Don
Attachments:

More
05 Apr 2012 07:54 #1725 by Thomas Hunziker
Almost all formatting in SermonSpeaker is done with CSS. Most of it comes from your site template. All custom changes should be done in that site template. Of course you can do the changes in /media/com_sermonspeaker/css/sermonspeaker.css, but it's better to do it in the site template. The reason is that your changes don't get overwritten with the next SermonSpeaker update. :)

To see the applied formattings, you can use nice tools. Your Internet Explorer has such a tool already built in. Hit F12 and you get a new window. Click the arrow icon and then click on the element you want to know the formatting. It will then jump to the sourcecode of this element in the left windowpart and show all applied CSS formatting on the right side. Quite nice and you can even change the formatting and see what it will look.
Chrome has a similar tool already built in as well. For FireFox you can install the FireBug Add-On (Web Developer Add-On may be helpful as well).

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds