Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

How to list all speakers/series on front end?

More
27 Mar 2012 20:08 - 28 Mar 2012 15:46 #1692 by K A R Wright
I've used this component for some time now but am finding some aspects of the latest version more confusing than before. In the older version we had an option of 4 different ways to present the sermons at the frontend (Speaker/Series/Category etc) - I can't find a similar option other than the Columns where I've pretty much ticked everything but still can't get the layout I'm after.

I'm basically looking for a comparable layout to the "Start page/Speakers" one in the older version.

I have made changes to the Options in the current version in the Layouts but most give only a single option e.g. Series List/Normal or Speakers List/Normal etc.

Also another issue I have is that the Player is shown at the top of the list of all sermons with the 1st one of the list loaded - can that be removed from that position?

Test site link is at: Bloomfield Methodist Online Sermons

Thanks for a superb component though and overall, the improvements are superb - your hard work IS appreciated :)
Last edit: 28 Mar 2012 15:46 by K A R Wright.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Mar 2012 23:54 #1693 by Thomas Hunziker
In the very old SermonSpeaker days, you had to set a startpage. This is no longer needed since when it got rewritten to the MVC system with SermonSpeaker 3.4 (I think it was). Since then you choose the "view" with the menu entry. There is no longer a "startpage", you can have as many menu entries with different "views" as you wish. When you create a menu entry, you will get to choose which to show. The list views are what is the old startpage options.
So if you want to show the speakers in your church as your entry point, you use the "Speakers List" view for your menu entry. This will result in a page like this: www.sermonspeaker.net/listings/speakers.html

The columns tab in the SermonSpeaker options allows you to specify what information will be shown in a specific view. If the player will be show can also be toggled there. Just remove the checkbox for the player column if you don't want to show it for sermons lists.

I hope this helped. Maybe also have a look at the First Steps documentation: www.sermonspeaker.net/documentation/first-steps/installing.html

More
28 Mar 2012 00:58 #1694 by K A R Wright
Ahhh - that explains it all perfectly. Thanks SO much Thomas - I was unaware of those changes as this is was the first update I'd done to the module which had them. Looks like I've a lot yet to learn but it also looks like a much more impressive end result too.

Thanks again - I'll have a go at it tomorrow :)

More
29 Mar 2012 17:05 #1695 by K A R Wright
Sorry - got stuck again on another section this time but linked. I've now managed to get my front end looking just as I wish, where the speakers are shown separately, but with links to their Series/Sermons provided.

However, my problem now is that those links aren't opening up their files - instead all I'm getting is a page with the speaker's photo/name & short bio on with nothing else?

I've read the documentation about the layouts etc that are now a part of the component but gathered that they were optional - have I picked that up wrong & is this the type of situation I would need to work to provide a layout for?

Thanks for your patience :unsure:
Romayne

More
29 Mar 2012 17:50 #1696 by Thomas Hunziker
Nah, I guess this is a situation where the developer forgot an existing (but internally fixed) bug. :)

See here if that solves your issue (third post in the thread):
www.sermonspeaker.net/forum/SermonSpeake...-not-recognized.html

Next release should come out in the next few days and will have this fixed.

More
29 Mar 2012 18:49 #1697 by K A R Wright
LOL - I'd actually seen that post & your reply at some point earlier this week but didn't pick up on it being the same issue when I came across my own. And I'm equally now sorted.

THANK YOU!!

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds