Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

reftagger,

More
31 Jan 2011 18:23 #156 by Andrei Chernyshev
reftagger, was created by Andrei Chernyshev
was checking out Matthew's site and he is using reftagger. Since scripture links is breaking in 1.6 right now we could probably use that to display scriptures. hadn't had time to test it out right now.
www.logos.com/reftagger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jan 2011 18:38 #157 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Re: reftagger,
Will look into this how it works.

While the ScriptureLinks plugin doesn't work (yet) in J1.6, the BibleLink plugin does and also supports biblegateway in it's newest releases. Just for your info ;)

More
31 Jan 2011 20:23 #158 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Re: reftagger,
After looking into RefTagger a bit closer, it looks quite simple to implement. It's a javascript that needs to be included at the end of your site. There is already a module available which does this for you. This module needs to be published in a module position at the end of your page as the script will only parse text that is before its position.

The script is made to parse the whole page for text that looks like a scripture links and adds a link to this. Quite awesome actually ;)

There are a few downsides however in my opinion:
First the script is taken directly from the bible.logos.com homepage. Which means there is a hotlink to them on every page. Basically it's big brother watching you. But I guess the don't do this for the statistics but for the google ranking. Backlinks are good after all.
The bigger problem is that they only support english language. For me this rules it out a as an alternative as I need a german bibletranslation and also use the german notation (Johannes 3,16 instead of John 3:16) which it doesn't recognize.

So if you don't mind the backlinks and have an english site, then this probably is an awesome tool :)

The good thing is: Since it does parse the whole site, it will also work with SermonSpeaker without doing anything special. Also since it can be included with a module, you could enable and disable it based on where you publish the module. It will also not break your feeds. So it's quite nice actually.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds