Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Displaying Sermon Categories

More
16 Feb 2012 18:11 #1500 by kraig
I'm having difficulty getting the categories to work. I need to be able to sort sermons by which service they are from. i.e. Sunday, Saturday, Wednesday Is there a way to change the module to display only a specific category or be able to select a category?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Feb 2012 18:25 #1501 by Thomas Hunziker
Which module are you referring to?

Latest Sermons module can't do that yet. But I struggled with this today as well and will implement categories to it :)

More
20 Feb 2012 16:17 #1521 by Thomas Hunziker
Now I feel stupid for saying the Latest Sermons module can't filter by categories. Of course it can do that, just look at the advanced tab of the module settings.

But I'm still unsure what you meant.

More
10 Apr 2012 01:48 #1738 by Stefanie Spencer
The SermonSpeaker Module has the option to show a speaker or series list, could it also show the category list?

I'm using the categories to designate Wednesday evening service, Sunday morning, etc. and it would be great if the user could click on "Sunday Morning Service" in the module to go to the page listing all in that category that are available. Maybe this is already possible, I'm a new user. Just installed and started uploading last night. I'm switching over from Podcast Generator.
Thanks,
Stef

More
10 Apr 2012 08:34 #1741 by Thomas Hunziker
With the current modules, this isn't possible.
But it is a good idea and shouldn't be that hard to do. So I'll try to add it in the next few days :-)

More
10 Apr 2012 19:23 #1751 by Thomas Hunziker
Are you interested in trying out the new mode "categories"?

File Attachment:

File Name: mod_sermon...4-10.zip
File Size:7 KB

Selecting the new mode will display all SermonSpeaker categories and it's children. The link will go to the sermons listing, filtered by the category.

Your feedback would be very much appreciated.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.317 seconds