Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Player truncates sermons at 11 minutes

More
22 Jan 2012 22:07 #1424 by Bob
Hi,

If I download the sermons, I get the whole thing, but the player always ends exactly at the 11 minute mark.

What would cause this behavior?

Thanks,
Bob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jan 2012 23:03 #1426 by Bob
Well, I was wrong. Although I saw a few sermons truncated in the SermonSpeaker player at 11 minutes, now I just uploaded one that the player thinks is 660 minutes!

Sometimes our Pastor runs a bit long, but thankfully not *that* long :-). The actual sermon is about 26 minutes, and that's what I see when I load the mp3 into a variety of local Windows players.

What could be going wrong?

According to the Extension manager, the SermonSpeaker package version is 4.2 (but the SermonSpeaker Component itself is at 4.2.1). According to System Information, our Joomla! version is 1.7 Stable, and the Joomla! Platform version (not sure what that is...) is 11.2.0. I'm using Firefox browser 9.0.1.

More
23 Jan 2012 08:15 #1427 by Thomas Hunziker
The player takes the duration of the sermon from the field "Time". If this field is empty, the player tries to calculate the duration from the file itself.
Maybe the player itself has a bug, then you can try upgrading to SermonSpeaker 4.3 (which also upgrades JW Player) and see if that solves the problem.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds