Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Upload and Play WMA Files

More
19 Jan 2012 02:51 #1404 by Charles Smith
I want to be able to upload and play .wma files. WMA files can be encoded to be HALF the file size of MP3. Therefore they upload quicker, stream better, and take up less server space. I did this for version 1.5 but can't figure out where to make the changes for 1.7 -- Can you please help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2012 07:46 #1405 by Thomas Hunziker
Yeah, and they only play on windows machines :-)

You have to look for the file /components/com_sermonspeaker/helpers/player.php. Around line #169 there is a check for file extensions. Add wma there to the present wmv.

The actual function for the mediaplayer is found on line #660.

I can see to include the Silverlight player from the guys who make JW Player instead of the windows mediaplayer. Would you prefer that?

More
19 Jan 2012 12:18 #1406 by Charles Smith
Yes, that would be nice. Thanks. Where would I make changes for the upload?

More
19 Jan 2012 12:37 #1407 by Thomas Hunziker
For the frontend upload it would be in /components/com_sermonspeaker/views/frontendupload/view.html.php on line #60 and #61.
For the backend it's in /administrator/components/com_sermonspeaker/views/sermon/view.html.php on line #44 and #45.

More
20 Jan 2012 08:42 #1408 by Charles Smith
:) Thank you for your help. That works well!

Now where do I make the change to include WMA files in the drop-down list of available audio files (see attached).

Also, is there a chance, as you mentioned to include the Silverlight player from the guys who make JW Player instead of having to rely on the Windows mediaplayer?

Again, thank you so much. Your SermonSpeaker component is a GEM!
Attachments:

More
20 Jan 2012 09:57 #1409 by Thomas Hunziker
This can be added in /administrator/components/com_sermonspeaker/models/forms/sermon.xml on line #46.

I will include the Silverlight player into SermonSpeaker. I wanted to do this a long time already but wasn't sure someone actually uses wma/wmv files. You maybe even saw notes about it in the code already. Now that I know it will be used, I will be implement it for sure :-)

Time to create page: 0.303 seconds