Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

[SOLVED| Help with Vimeo (external video)

More
14 Oct 2011 20:04 - 14 Oct 2011 20:48 #1103 by Keith Sorbo
I am delighted that SS is now supporting Amazon S3 & Vimeo.

However, I am not able to find any documentation on how to install / embed a Vimeo video.

E.g., when you request an embed code from Video, it gives you an iframe. I assume this is not the proper link to include in SS.

Also the News item mentions an external script which produces an XML file. Any more detail on this?

Further, the news item mentions that you have to set up S3 & Vimeo in the options. WHERE? (I have the latest version of SS installed.)

A simple step by step would be VERY helpful.
Last edit: 14 Oct 2011 20:48 by Keith Sorbo. Reason: Solved

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Oct 2011 20:28 #1104 by Thomas Hunziker
I agree that documentation lacks. I just don't find the time to do that. So if anyone feels like helping here, I can give the permission to do so :)

Try one of this formats for Vimeo: Both should work

There is an example "extern FileList" script here: www.sermonspeaker.net/download/category/25-extern-scripts.html .
It will produce a list of the files found in the same directory. And you need to enter the URL of the script to the SermonSpeaker parameter. Then the dropdown lists with the sermon files will be populated with this list instead of the local directory.
The script just has to output an XML file containing <file> childs whith each of them having a <name> and <URL> entry. It's crude but should work :)

The parameter for this in the SermonSpeaker options (button on top right corner of each SermonSpeaker admin page) and there the "File Paths" tab.
This options only are relevant for the dropdown lists.
Keep in mind that the Flash Player will be restricted to play files on extern servers due to Flashs cross server restrictions. This has nothing to do with SermonSpeaker and can be fixed with a simple file on the extern server. You can google that up :)

Hope that helped. Otherwise just ask again ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Keith Sorbo

More
14 Oct 2011 20:28 #1105 by Andrei Chernyshev
the way that vimeo embedding works you can do this in one of 3 ways.
in video URL you can paste either a URL like this vimeo.com/30345182 , or from and iframe embed tag
Code:
<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/30345182?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0&amp;color=6da228" width="398" height="294" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen allowFullScreen></iframe>
only this part of code. player.vimeo.com/video/30345182 pretty much up to question mark. the code will then extract the video id 30345182 and paste it into page's iframe portion. 3rd way of doing it is in parameters you specify vimeo user id and what that will do is look up from vimeo RSS the last 10 or how ever many videos that you have uploaded in your vimeo account. Once you save the sermon it will fill in appropriate code. the why sermon speaker uses vimeo iframe tag is because plus users have ability to also create a mobile version of video which will play on iphones and other mobile devices.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Keith Sorbo

More
14 Oct 2011 20:47 #1106 by Keith Sorbo

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds