Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Search Plugin not capturing speakers

More
17 Sep 2011 22:50 - 17 Sep 2011 22:51 #1064 by Craig Rolinger
:) I feel badly complaining about anything because I love SermonSpeaker.

Installed the plugin for searching ( www.oakrigebiblechapel.com ) sermon speaker. The Speaker Name listed in the Detail entry in each sermon is not returned as a search hit. If I list the Speaker in the Sermon Notes in each sermon, the name (or any text there) is returned during a search as a hit.

This may be by design that speakers are not searched via the search plugin. I know I can list speakers to be searched as a search category. That works.

Should I add the Speaker names within the Sermon Notes or should the speakers be returned in searches?

Thank you much!
Craig
Last edit: 17 Sep 2011 22:51 by Craig Rolinger.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Sep 2011 16:28 #1067 by Thomas Hunziker
The speakers are not searched with the search plugin.

The search plugin so far searchs sermons (title, scripture and notes field) and series (title and description). The newest has an added feature to search sermons of a specific speaker only. In your case you could filter the search for "Sermons from Craig Rollinger", but it's not possible to search after "Craig Rollinger".

If that is something that is needed, I could add this as a feature for a future release. Wouldn't be to hard to implement.

More
19 Sep 2011 04:35 #1068 by Craig Rolinger
I think that would be a nice additional feature. Thanks!

More
19 Sep 2011 15:09 #1069 by Thomas Hunziker
Would you expect it to search the intro and bio field as well, or only the name of the speaker?

More
19 Sep 2011 20:26 #1074 by Craig Rolinger
I think it would be useful to make the intro and bio fields searchable. Thank you!

More
20 Sep 2011 12:31 #1078 by Thomas Hunziker
I've release a version 4.2.1 of the search plugin. You can use your updater or download it on this site.
It has a new option to search for speakers which will search the name, intro and bio of the speaker.

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds