Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

FIxing itunes

More
07 Sep 2011 22:17 - 07 Sep 2011 22:19 #1025 by Paul Jacobson
FIxing itunes was created by Paul Jacobson
I have three itunes feeds. I was able to get the main itunes feed to update because I could use the sermoncast module.
How do I get the other feeds to update for which I am using the podcast menu item.
The problem is that I am using SEO and itunes doesn't seem to like that. Alternatively, how do I get itunes to drop a feed if I can't sort that around.
The site is www.metunited.org/jmv2 the old site is www.metunited.org/jmvm1
Last edit: 07 Sep 2011 22:19 by Paul Jacobson. Reason: adding site link

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Sep 2011 22:41 #1027 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Re: FIxing itunes
Joomla will always work with the non-SEF urls as well. That's why I prefer to use non-SEF URLs for the feed, as they almost never change, but the SEF onces do.

For SermonSpeaker 3.4.3, the feed URL looks like this:
index.php?option=com_sermonspeaker&view=feed
For SermonSpeaker 4.x it works as well, but will automatically redirected to
index.php?option=com_sermonspeaker&view=feed&format=raw

So your old non-SEF feed is:
www.metunited.org/jmvm1/index.php?option...monspeaker&view=feed
and the new one is:
www.metunited.org/jmv2/index.php?option=...view=feed&format=raw

In case you use categories or series to filter the podcast, you can just append &series_id=123, &series_cat=123, &sermon_cat=123 or &speaker_cat=123 to the URL, while '123' has to be replaced with the ID of the series or category.
The SermonCast module and the whole SEF stuff does exact the same in the end :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds