Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Category Management

More
03 Sep 2011 20:27 #1016 by Paul Jacobson
Is there any bulk way to force the sermons into a particular category or two? I have about 3-4 years worth of weekly sermons. The upgrade from 3 worked fine to 4 except for the categories.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Sep 2011 21:43 #1018 by Thomas Hunziker
The categories probably didn't work because Joomla substantially changed the way how categories work.

There isn't yet a bulk update feature included, and will not for 4.2 since I had to freeze new features so the translators can do their work. But I can see to include it into a later release.

The easiest way currently would be to use phpMyAdmin or similar to edit the database directly. The category is set by a single field named catid in the table #__sermon_sermons which contains only the number (id) of the category.

More
03 Sep 2011 21:53 #1020 by Paul Jacobson
Thank you very much. I am about to backup my database and try it. Thank you for a wonderful component. It is very important to all churches.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds