Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

Player cutting off sermon ending

• Philip Smith
  • Philip Smith's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
20 Jan 2011 18:06 #91 by Philip Smith
Player cutting off sermon ending was created by Philip Smith
Hi, it appears that the flash player is cutting off the ending of sermons for at least one of my client websites. Here's a link to an example:

nc4.org/sermon/10151-unhindered

Additionally, the client re-uploaded the mp3 just to be sure that nothing happened during the file transfer.

The site is running on ver. 3.4.2. Any ideas for a solution?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jan 2011 18:20 #92 by Thomas Hunziker
Hard to say, since SermonSpeaker only points the player to the file, it may be a bug in the player itself. It could be related to sermon length, bitrate, compression or something.

The player is JW Player version 5.2.1065 and is from www.longtailvideo.com/players/jw-flv-player . So maybe ask there if they know something.
I can then help you with including their suggestions :)

More
20 Jan 2011 18:25 #93 by Andrei Chernyshev
i don't think it sermon speaker, i've noticed this a while back with some of the videos I'm hosting some on my site and using big contact and other video players. it seems like the stream is breaking and only sending partial file from the server. i.e. 60 minute video could be playing for 10 minutes before cutting off. for me at least when i refreshed the page the video would load fine next time.

More
20 Jan 2011 19:18 #94 by Thomas Hunziker
Maybe something to try first:
Get the latest release from their page and copy the files to /components/com_sermonspeaker/media/player. You'll see the same files there. Just overwrite them.

And then close the browser and reopen it and test again.

• Philip Smith
  • Philip Smith's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
20 Jan 2011 19:36 #95 by Philip Smith
Replied by Philip Smith on topic Re: Player cutting off sermon ending
On my mac I am seeing a discrepancy between the mp3 length in Finder and iTunes. Finder is showing the same length as on the website while iTunes is showing the file being about 30 seconds longer. So it must not be the player after all.

The client says the mp3 was prepared the same as always, at 56k bitrate. Weird??

More
20 Jan 2011 20:00 #96 by Thomas Hunziker
I would try first with the latest release of the player, just to be sure ;)

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds